Questing regarding Ovulation

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Indiramaha, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

Re: want to know the fertility period

HI VASU
    what is cervical mucus ?
    i am also in ttc . we got married 9 months before .
    Last month i got my periods 10 days delay we were very happy but on11th day i got my periods
    ususally iused to get on my 27 th or 28 th day .
    in this 9 months this is the first time . i got delay in my periods .
    i did PHT also on my 8th day it came -ve but it i had hope , but at last
    i cried a lot after getting periods .

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jayanthyi,
    The following links will help you to know what is Cervical mucus & the importance of it! This will explain you better instead of my words!

Cervical Mucus
    Importance of Cervical mucus

Sometimes stress & expectations will make our hormones to work in other way & causes delayed period! Just relax. Divert your mind in other activities when you are TTC. These 2 will help you to cope up with the tension.

Did you tried HPT in the early morning? Morning first urine (you should not have urinated for past 3-4 hrs before you collect urine sample) will give you better results.

Don't cry. Crying will not give you any solution. Be positive & bold. Try to eat health food.
    Take care. Lots of baby dust to you.

3. appuvenky16

appuvenky16 New IL'ite

Hi

Thank you very much for the information. I have checked it in mymonthlycycles.com. As I am new to IL..I have read the forum guidelines. Thank you Vasumathy for directing me. Hope I will have good news soon.

Thanks
    Kutty :)

4. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Ovulation confusion

I am a little confused. My cycle is 32 days in Feb I got my period on 9th and march also I got my period on 9th now my question is because I got my period early this month would it change my ovulation date Drowning

Thanks in advance

5. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

Re: Ovulation confusion

Hi swetha,
    Try using the website "Webmd.com" search for ovulation calculator.. it will ask for your last 3 periods and find your ovulation days accordingly!

6. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shweta,

Its okay to have a 2 day early period. To get your ovulation day exactly, it can be predicted only by ovulation kit. But to know your fertile phase of 3-4 days, you can use the ovulation calculator like cutepavi said on webmd.com.There's another site mymonthlycycles.com which can also help you. Each one's body is different and even the same body reponds differently each time of the month. So just be aware of the cervical mucous change from opaque to transparent stretchy egg white like. Thats when u r most fertile. Hope this helps you

7. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for the late reply thanks a lot Cutepavi and tranquility I will look into webmd I am using mymonthlycycles.com but I was a little confused.
    I was taking Metformin for 5 months (the doctor gave me to lose weight)
    I stopped in December as it was very hard on my stomach. Before taking metformin my periods were 30 days long after that it became 32 days now that I have stopped taking Metfromin my periods have gone to 30 days(for Jan,feb,mar) I was not sure if I should take 32 days or 30 days to calculate ovulation. I hope you understand or I confused you also :hide:
    I think I will buy the ovulation predictor kit I am losing my mind bonk

8. neeruvydehi

neeruvydehi New IL'ite

Please advice me

Hello Everybody,

we started our family planning from last month (feb-2009). I started taking Healthy food (with folic acid)..
    I am having regular periods of length 30days ... i studied about pregnancy and ovulation in google..
    My period started on march 8th ..By using Ovulation Calculator i calculated my fertility days from google.
    My most fertility days are 20th to 25th ... .
    My doubt is I brought bascal Ovulation thermometer Kit to home
    from 5th of my period i am taking temparture at early morning...
    My most fertlity days are 23rd and 24th but i dnot noticed any increase in my temparture .....
    I m in Huge confusion ..I studied in online that they will be increase in tempareture at this feritilty days .. But I didnot noticed Anything like that ..
    What to do..?Which one i have to follow ? which one i have to trust ?
    please advice me ....Please give any suggestions How to know most fertility days ?

Thanks In advance
    Neeraja

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Please advice me

Hi Neeraja,
    Don't confuse yourself with many stuffs! Rough figure of fertile days are enough when you try naturally! Whichever the days you calculate through any methods, you just try to cover all the days. May be alternate days in the fertile period will do!

For 30 day cycle, fertile period can be around cd24. Just try few days before & after! Thats more than sufficient! You can track your cervical mucus too in your list of fertile period detection!

For BBT to give you proper figure, you need to tract it for few cycles. Also you should take the temp in same time for all the days!

Beyond all these, relax in the fertile days! Make yourself calm. Be happy. This will help you!
    Take care!

10. beautyqueen

beautyqueen New IL'ite

Ovulation days?

Hi All,

i got married last june and we have been planning for a baby for the past 4 months.My periods are normal(28 days).i have read in many websites that the ovulation occurs on day 14 from the periods.we have been practising that regularly but found no results.any tips to conceive soon and i need some information abt ovulation and the best time to unite to get a faster result.help me out :)