Questing regarding Ovulation

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Indiramaha, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: What to do?

When you start to try, naturally your cycle tends to collapse. Don't put too much of stress/tension in TTC. Just enjoy the act. Don't force yourself to get a baby. Stress is the worst enemy to TTC. Keep yourself cool. Stay positive.
    Do you follow the instructions of OPKs properly. Which brand are you using? If possible, try changing the opk brand. May help you to show the positive!
    Are you trying from the last two months or long time. Wait till 6 months of trying, then if necessary meet a gynec & go with regular check up. they will guide you with the next steps!
    Have you put a check on your weight? If not, check you BMI. If its more, work on bringing your weight under normal!
    Be happy. Keep yourself occupied in other stuffs. If you could manage stress, i hope everything will fall in place.
    Baby dust to you.

2. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

Dear IL's,

Im have been trying to conceive for last few months.My periods were irregular for the past one year (around 50 days for each cycle)and my gyn told me that i have symptoms of pcos and im taking metformin..from the past few mnths my periods were normal and it is 35 days (even when i stopped taking the tablets).. after 15 days from my last menstruation i had a light bleeding and i assumed it was ovulation bleeding..(very lite and pinkish)And again in the 17th day i had bleeding (dark dark and few drops)..My body temperature also seems to be high..Is it possible im ovulating twice in a month? Incase i assume this is my ovulation day how many days can we try for a baby after the ovulation.i feel a mild backpain. Im continuing my metformin and folic tablets.

3. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

HI jaissu,
    this is not the ovaulation bleeding...i had same problem and symtoms like you before some months back...afterward my doctor checked my blood and found it was due to high prolactin and High TSh.....after taking medicine when both the harmones got normal i have 30 days cycle (touch wood)..............though my doctor did not explain me the reason for spot bleeding that time she had told its not good sign.

so please consult Gynecologist for this.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  4. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

hi swati,

Thanks for the info..I took a test 2 mnths back and my doc told there is no problm with the tsh level..May be i need to check again..She took a scan and blood test and told that everythng is fine with me except that i need to reduce my weight...I have gained some in these two months..

5. sanjeevni

sanjeevni Senior IL'ite

Periods and Ovulation

Hi friends

I get my periods every 28 - 32 days...I have the following questions

1), If I am getting my periods every month, is that sufficient proof that I HAVE ovulated or can i have my periods even without ovulation.

2) I know, the white mucus becomes clear ad slimy.. when ovulating and I also know it must happen from anywhere between 14 to 16 days given my cycle, But I have noticed many times that my mucus is clear and slimy immediately after my periods, say, 8th day or so. sometimes even on the the 4th day.

Does that mean I would haev ovulated on the 4th day or 8th day??:confused2:

Related question

Should I TTC on my 4th day in case the answer to the above question is a Yes??

P.S. I am not always "all clear" on the 4th day -(If you know what I mean)

Thanks

6. divyarnair

divyarnair Silver IL'ite

Re: Periods and Ovulation

Hi dear,
    My gynec told me this , and this works for me :-
    1)The periods always happens 14 days after ovulation.i.e .1st half of cycle can be long , but 2nd half is always fixed.so if periods come on 30th day, u might have ovulated around 16th day
    2)U can use a BBT thermometer to check your body temperature,as temperature raises after ovulation.and goes down again when you get periods, and stays elevated if you have conceived.
    3)Use an ovulation prediction kit for knowing 2 best fertile days.
    4)After checking for 2-3 months this way you will get an idea of approximate day of ovulation.

Doc also told one thing- Its biology and not mathematics,days can sometime go up and down for 1-2 days because of hormones/diet.We cannot exactly predict ovulation.

As per my knowledge you cannot ovulate as early as 4th day.If you have regular periods then you must be ovulating regularly.Its better to check with a kit.All the best dear !!

Hope this helps.There are so many other threads here which you can read for all information.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Periods and Ovulation

HI Sanjeevini,
    Your body will need some time to grow the follicle to matured size, so it will take 12 or more days from the first day of your periods. So, i don't think in natural cycle 4th day or 8th day of ovulation is possible. You need to watch for cervical mucus which will look like egg white & will stretch to more than 2 Cm between fingers; other stages of cervical mucus means your hormones are working on....
    Its not true that if you get periods regularly, you will ovulate. Some people have anovulation where there is no ovulation & will have regular cycle. Don't think that you are in trouble, Use BBT & OPKs to know your ovulation.
    Hope i have cleared you.
    Baby dust to you.

8. LousyBoy

LousyBoy New IL'ite

Hi All,

Can someone help me understand the ovulation dates during menstruation? My wife and I are trying to conceive for quite a while but no luck. Please help me on this.

Here is some info that I have from March-2017 which I am saving it in my mobile. How do I calculate the correct ovulation dates based on the above last three cycle dates. I have an app in my mobile which showed the following ovulation dates. We tried to conceive on almost all days of the fertile period between Fertile Period: 10th to 16th during april, but no luck.

I asked my wife on the duration of periods and she said that its average of 25 days.

So based on the below dates of the menstrual periods how to accurately calculate the ovulation dates?

During which days should we try to conceive in the current fertile period? I am confused please help.

Latest Period: April-17 /May-17

Period Start date: 29/4/2017
    Period End date: 1/5/2017
    Fertile Period: 8th to 14th.

II Period: April-17 (25)
    Period Start date: 3/4/2017
    Period End date: 5/4/2017
    Fertile Period: 10th to 16th.

I Period: March-17 (26)
    Period Start date: 7/3/2017
    Period End date: 9/3/2017
    Fertile Period: 15th to 21st.