Query regarding consent letter

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by shrutidunwoody, Mar 19, 2010.

1. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am planning to travel to india around end of april and planning to return on 2 nd week of august. In august i will be most 7 months pregnant.will i be allowed to travel back here.Do i have to show some consent letter for travelling purpose. Will i have to request to the doctor in india for the letter. Plz can anybody tell me regarding this.

2. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Shruti,

U need to check with the airlines first how many months prego women do they allow,usually its 32 weeks for normal pregnancy ...max of 35 weeks.But for long duration travel like US its not advisable.Usually for pregnant women above 28 weeks there is need of gynae Certificate stating you are fit to travel.For which they will actually examine you and give you consent to fly.
    I will be flying from Singapore-India in my 32 weeks.My gynae will be giving me a consent letter for the same.But the journey time is just 4.30hr.
    so the main factors are 1.Your health based on which you will get the certificate 2.Airlines .

3. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Thank you cute kid for your reply. My problem is my U.S. gynec has told me that i can travel now but i have to search for a doctor in bombay for my regular monthly check up and also whether they will give consent letter. In august when i would be returning back to U.S. i will be in my 29th week. So a bit worried.