Query regarding chanting Gayatris of different Devatas

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by devirama, Mar 22, 2010.

1. devirama

devirama New IL'ite

Dear Chitra amma,

i feel an honor to call u amma( i hope you are ok with it) . I have been a silent member of IL but an avid reader of shlokas written by you. Many many thanks for doing a wonderful job and its important for Ladies like me residing overseas who don't have access to them .

i have two queries .
    First.. i have read being mentioned women should not chant Gayatri mantra. Does this rule apply to other Gayatris too. i read Gopal Sahastranaam and chant Gopal gayatri at end ... "Aum Gopal vidmahe Gopijan vallabhaye dhimahe Tanno Gopal prachodayat". is it ok to chant it. sometimes i too chant Kaam Gayatri to increase love towards my Krishna. is it ok???

Secondly.. we know all what not to do during period. But what exactly are women allowed to do . i know we shudn't do prayers, sadhanas etc. can we remember like Shri Ram Jayam or say Maha mantra.Can we listen to sundarkadam etc as i know we can't read them.

Thankx a lot for your tireless effort and may my Lord bless you.
    Rama

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010

2. devirama

devirama New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Hope anyone can shed some light... i haven't seen Chirtajis reply... generally she is very prompt with replies.. i hope she is well.

awaiting for a response

Rama