1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Query on green poops!!

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by Omsree, May 20, 2009.

1. Omsree

Omsree New IL'ite

Having troubles with OALD , oversupply, frequent leaks and what not - looks like things are getting settled as my LO is turning 3 months in a couple of weeks. LO still passes green stools at times. Since my supply has become normal now, (for the past 2 days) I was thinking of yellow seedy poops. What could be the reason for green poops at times. IS it that it takes a while for things to get normal? Really appreciate the help!!

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Dunno if you have read this or this. Between you and me, I would wait and see, if the green stoools are a sporadic thing and there are no other symptoms of illness. Hope things resolve soon for you.

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Om, I too had OALD with my 4 month old. Per my ped, occasional green stools are not a cause for concern. Like Tikka said, I would just watch it. Good that the OALD and oversupply are settling down.

4. Omsree

Omsree New IL'ite

Thanks pavarun
    And tikka for sharing the link.

Looks like I still have the let down issue. I am continuing the block feeding method..So I am thinking of foremilk-hindmilk imbalance. My baby was given formula when I had to spend couple of hours in the urgent care due to high fever..Does the iron content in the formula a cause for the green stool? Otherwise he is a happy, healthy baby..