Query about breast pump-Pls help

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by SreejaJitin, Jan 12, 2008.

1. glowmom

glowmom Senior IL'ite

oh i am glad things are working for you,..
    soon, it will get better and you will forget all about pain..breastfeeding has so much advantage for the baby.. you are giving the baby best start in life whether you express milk and feed the baby or directly breastfeeding :)

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I searched for electirical double pump in babies r us and toys r us,even n walmart, but i dont find double pump, but only single pump and if i asked for double pump they say it costs around 300 or more dollars to get one like we used in hospitals.

I didnt find electric double pump anywhere. where did u all get and how much it costs?

3. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I too had the same Medella brand double auto pump.. It was great.. But I was not comfortable with doing double at the same time.. So though I had bought double pump, I was using one at a time..

I think I got it in Babiesrus. ya, it was around $250-300.. similar to this one..
    Medela Pump In Style Advanced Backpack - Medela - Babies "R" Us

I also had a manual pump, but I found it was really tiring in the hands.. I couldnt keep on pressing the pump with my hands.. Once your hands are tired, you wont be able to give much force to get all milk out... Though expensive, automatic ones are worth it.

Also it helps if u keep massaging the breast while pumping. It makes the milk flow much easier and faster. Of course, drink lot of water or milk before starting pump.

Hope that helps!

:)

4. SreejaJitin

SreejaJitin New IL'ite

Hi,

One more suggestion while expressing milk either using pump or by hands- Put jasmine BUDs on your nipple as well as aerola. It has to be buds, not flowers.It helps in expressing milk easier. My surgeon told me this and it is really helpful for me! Sounds strange, initially i also felt the same! :)
    I am using manual pump as i also didnt get electric pump. But this method is really helpful plus apply warm cloth on your breasts for a short time. while pumping.

Cheers,
    Sreeja

5. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi Sreejitin,

I started working from the 3rd month of my delivery, here in UAE I found one "Pigeon" electronic breast pump, I should call it a boon for working and feeding mothers. Pigeon is a reknown brand for baby porducts like feeding bottle, wipes etc. You can find this in reknown baby care shops, sometimes in big medical shops also u get this. In Madras, Naidu hall has these kind of baby and woman care items.

6. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

thanks for the strange tip!!:)

7. aartijadhav

aartijadhav New IL'ite

Hi

My baby girl is 2 months old now, and I plan to resume work after her 3rd month. I want to start with bottle feeding or using this pump so that she gets used to it...but i have no idea abt this whole concept of breast pump. how to use when to use pros n cons abt it. The earlier posts also mentions abt the milk supply gets increased due to it...Gosh ..can someone help me over here with this topic... A to Z???
    Thanks in advance :)

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Aarti - Try the Breastfeeding forum in the parenting section - you'll find plenty of info and support there.

Vanathi.

9. aartijadhav

aartijadhav New IL'ite