Queries on Sweet & Dessert Recipes - Go Here!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by vkn, Jan 25, 2006.

1. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Dear Kamala,

Is n't it amazing? I believed that making Indian sweets n dishes r very difficult as I saw my mom n her frns worked very hard to make em. But now a days the time has changed and people found new methods which r so simple n can make with in minutes.

I never tried to do any recipes or dishes before ,until I join in this group as I was busy with my job n some thing some thing so....

Recently I got the delivary n I have a chance to spend my time for my family rather than becoming lazy so I am trying to make these recipes for my family n frns n I succeed in making em as my mom , dad r really surprised about me ( Now I am telling them to sweets n stuff in simpiest ways )...

Thanq Kamla for sharing with all of us
    Teja:wave

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  2. simple

simple New IL'ite

Indian Sweets for shipping

Hi everyone,

I was looking for some Indian sweet names that I could make and would be easy to ship (without spoiling) within US.

Thanks,
    Simple:wave

3. PadmajaEdwin

PadmajaEdwin New IL'ite

Making Achumurukku

Dear frds,

For the past few years i had a liking for eating Achumurukku. When we were small my mom used to make from morning till evening. So I always had a feeling that the procedure is tedious and lengthy. Last vacation when i went to India I made it a point to learn from my mom and i tried last week. Probably this may not be new to Keralites why not for others also. However i wish to share with u.

Preparation :

Get the mould for making this achumurukku. It will be having a long handle with a flower shaped tip. Clean and soak this mould in the water used for washing rice. Continue this soaking for 10 days prior to make murukku.

Ingredients :
    Raw rice - (Pacharisi) good quality - 1 kg
    Egg - 4 nos
    Sugar - 350 g
    Thick Coconut milk (freshly prepared ) - 1 to 1 1/4 tumbler

Soak the rice for minimum 5 hours. Grind the rice in mixie and sieve through the fine holed sieve (what we call in Tamil as Aappa Arippu). Repeat the process and prepare the dry flour. Add the egg, sugar and coconut milk. The coconut milk has to be added in such a way that the flour has to be in the form of little more thick and not watery. Mind that the sugar will also melt and it will make the mixed flour little more watery. So carefully add the coconut milk. If by mistake the water is more, add maida flour to thicken the mixture.

Keep the big frying pan (Kadaai) in flame. Pour enough oil and keep the mould in the oil and make it hot along with the oil. Dip the hot mould in the mixture prepared (if it is ok, it will produce a 'oss' sound). The mixture will stick to the mould. Now transfer the mould to oil and if u shake little the moulded shaped murukku will come out of the mould. Keep the mould in the oil itself while this murukku is getting fried. Filter the oil and take the murukku out.

Repeat the process. Ofcourse it is a lengthy process. For 1 kg it took nearly 3 hrs for me from starting till end. But the taste of the murukku is so yummy and once the tasty murukku comes out we will forget the pain we rendered.

Try and let me know. :2thumbsup:

Hope to hear from u,
    Best of luck,
    Padmaja Edwin.

4. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi

Hi,

Thankyou for your FB. And Happy you enjoyed your palgova atlast, by preparing your self. Sorry for replying so delay.:-D :-D

5. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Re: How To Make Palkova????

Hi Teja,
    Recently I had to give in to my hubby's craving for Palkova & followed your recipe... It came out very well... Thanks.
    L.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Re: How To Make Palkova????

Dear Lavanya,

I am very glad to hear that.

Thanq...
    Tej:wave

7. Aman

Aman New IL'ite

shakar pare

hi all,need some help here is does anybody know how to make shakar pare,its punjabi sweet,usually u get in marriages,i mean its bhaji u get it after the marriage is done.it may sound funny but sikh people do it.plz anybody
    love Aman

8. Shrikrishna

Shrikrishna New IL'ite

Re: shakar pare

Hi,

You can find the recipe here:
    Mamta's Kitchen Recipe

If you want, you could do a google on it and get lots of recipes.

Have fun

9. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aman,

Here is the recipe. I dont know this sweet's name till date. we call it as 'sweet chips'

Please 'click here' to get this recipe. And give me a feedback.

Go through my Index which is in Miscellaneous Forum.

10. Aman

Aman New IL'ite

hi guys,
    thanks for the receipe,i didn't try it but it sounds delicious.thanks a million
    Love aman