Qatar....let's get personal - an insider view.

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by soann, Dec 6, 2013.

1. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

I've learned there are some of us who looooove Qatar and some that haaaate Qatar and some that has lukewarm feelings for it.

I thought here we can put our likes, dislikes, and personal experiences supporting it. I'm sure each one of us will learn something new that we never knew could happen in Qatar.

But one rule. If you are going to put a dislike, you 'have' to put one like as well. We don't want to make this thread a hate thread and scare off people who are planning to move to Qatar.

2. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Like: The traffic police is kind

One day I was at a roundabout which had a police controlling the traffic. As soon as the police guy showed stop I did, but the landcruiser guy behind me didn't like it and honked. The police guy came to our lane, came to my side and asked the guy through hand gesture what he was trying to do.

Whenever I get honked unnecessarily I feel sad for being bullied and not being able to talk back. But this time I felt happy that the police did what I always wanted to do. :rant

1 person likes this.
  3. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Dislike: I don't like that the living expense is increasing so much! Especially the rent! I heard that on renewal of the contract we might have a 20% increase!! That's not even legal right?!

Like: I like that here it is safer than any other place I've been to. Hope it doesn't change as we near the world cup year, with the population explosion that is happening.

1 person likes this.
  4. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

Like: If we actually search there is a lot of activities happening here in Qatar for both kids and adults. It is only the matter of us searching for our interests :)

2 people like this.
  5. CS1982

CS1982 Senior IL'ite

Hi Soann,

This Like - makes me to like Qatar more...awaiting to be there...

CS

6. soann

soann Silver IL'ite

:welcome cs

7. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Like: Calm, quiet & hassle free lifestyle.

Dislike: Temperature during summer, terrible traffic, less options for entertainment.

Now, Qatar has become my second home.:):thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. Meenasri

Meenasri Silver IL'ite

Like: Hassle free lifestyle , A mix of nationality in the job environment , Arab cuisine & culture , especially the wedding part .

Dislike: Windy , sandy Weather most of the time , No Temples .