1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pyaar dosti hai? yaa Pati paramatama?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iamsudha, Aug 23, 2010.

Pyaar Dosti hai yaa Pati Paramatma?

1. Pyaar Dosti hai

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. Pati Paramatma hai

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Neither

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Marriage is an adjustment

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. iamsudha

iamsudha Senior IL'ite

Having seen some of the stories here about mama's boys, hubbies with huge fidelity problems and also women who seem to deify husbands I thought it's time to let the ordinary people to speak up without peer pressure.

I for one believe that my hubby is flesh and blood and is capable of mistakes like human beings. He is not perfect and nor am I. We believe that we are a team and I don't press his feet (unless in an erotic something!...) If he asks, I'd rather offer to press his neck... Just kidding! (May be I will do it if he is sick and has severe body aches...but has not happened yet!).

Also we are a good team and we like to forgive each other. I think our love is unconditional but we don't overtly say so. We live in a community state and if something happens we each walk away with half of assets.

I want others to join and share how they view their marriage. In my case it's partnership with mutual respect and love.

I am trying to get this out before more people take the chandamama type stories seriously that seem to galore this forum.

Please feel free to step in and share. It will help young people not to get carried away.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    1janavi likes this.

2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I used to think romance is all about mushiness,giving gifts and the works.WHat I realised is that different people have different ways to express love.My husband never eats or drinks even a glass of water without giving me first.At the same time,whenever I feel thirsty and drink water myself,he stares at me in disbelief as to how I could drink alone..
    Why I wrote the above is because my DH never gave me a valentine/wedding gift till date which I expected..however once I had severe neck sprain and couldnt lift my head..he literally did everything for me..fed me,put me to sleep and everything.
    Even now sometimes I feel why he doesnt do anything special on special days...but thats him..he has different ways of expressing his love.
    Its definitely mutual for us..like drinking water...also he massages my feet and expects me to do it for him too!!
    So my point is we just go with the flow and make small adjustments.every person is different and we have to change our habits accordingly.I have never thought my husband would be god...never did,never will.He's just my better half...yes he's better than me!

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

This thread seems to think that only the life/dynamics as espoused by the OP is the world's best, and anything else is Chandamama story or anachronistic. The condescending tone* is unmistakeable.

It is wrong to assume that people who have shared their style of romance in other threads do not share mutual respect and love.

It is nothing but figment of imagination that seems to have arrived at the conclusion that people who share a close romantic relationship are doing it only because of Pati paramatama. People can press the feet or press the neck or whatever. Thats their form of expressing the love and no one form is more or less 50-50 in a relationship than the other.

Having said that - each couple has their own dynamics, as the saying goes - whatever floats your boat. As long as the couple are comfortable in their dynamics, then thats the best suited for them.

To each, their own. And I dont think there is any need to sound condescending about one over the other.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

And, I hope people dont mistake the people who post as possibly women who may need to be 'liberated' to think that they are also equal to men. (as per the focus on "Partnership", "mutual" respect etc).

People here are extremely independent, smart, and 'liberated' women. Their DHs are super guys as well. But the dynamic that a couple shares is what they CHOOSE and what they LOVE. Thats very personal and unique, just like the fingerprints on each person is unique.

If one were to extrapolate such personal love and affection, to mean that there is a lack of a 50-50 in the relationship that would be a big mistake.

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Sweet post, Rose. :)

6. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Top post rose8282. With some good examples, you have illustrated the unique nature of relationships. They are all different and thats the beauty.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  7. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

YEAH!!!! I read it many times!! :) Enjoyed thoroughly, Rose. Thanks for sharing such a balanced view! Lovely! :thumbsup

8. iamsudha

iamsudha Senior IL'ite

Thank you for your pitch. Nothing condescending. But this thread is about real marriages and real issues. Fairy tale (Chandamama) marriages are few and far in between. I am happy for who have them and who claim them!

This thread is created so people also see real issues in real marriages and how we all cope so people know what gives and what takes.

Sincerely, this thread is about real issues as we all make adjustments in life. As I said in OP, we are all human. I am interested in the rest of us sharing about our marriages which are real where we see the shortcomings in spouses and make adjustments.

We see issues here with women worried about DV, whether to take hard slap on the face as above the line or below the line to act on etc. etc.

If this discussion bothers someone, it's not for the rest of us not to discuss real issues. My interest is to start this thread so it could be of real practical use.

Nothing condescending to anyone!

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

The people in IL are real - not a single one here is from a chandamama/fairytale marriage. And the positive and negative stories we have heard in IL are a sample of the spectrum of marriages in real life.

The assumption that the positive stories we hear are because the women were of the pati paramatama philosophy is not true. Those are pyaar dosti hai relationships too.

Of course, whether folks believe that or not is entirely upto them.

10. iamsudha

iamsudha Senior IL'ite

None of what you claim is implied in OP. Yes, I was inspired to start this thread after reading some posts here in IL, as it happens in the case of many threads. I mentioned it there also that this may be it's own thread.

Liberated women can say that they believe in 'Pati is Parameshwar'. Nothing stops them and it's not taboo. Why work up about it?

And yes, women can speak for themselves, Spiderman1. Thank you for your participation.