1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pune memoirs - 1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Aug 28, 2009.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Tomorrow I am leaving Pune to join my DH and family at Bangalore.I have scribbled down the memories of the life here,but I dont want to bore my blog readers by posting everything happened in my 6 months here all together in one single post.So here I go,be ready with a coffee:coffee.............
    When I turn back to these 5-6months I spent in Pune I know there is some things I am going to miss.
    First and foremost it is my love for solitude as it is greener always on the other side I went crazy about the lonely weekends spend in my office guest house
    And now I am going to miss those lonely moments!!! The first outing in Pune was with a colleague of mine whom I met
    in my shuttle to office. Both of us were new to the place and she just had some vague idea of places. Yet we decided to go shopping on
    the next weekend(I don’t get what is it with shopping and girls he he). We boarded the bus to Pune station from office and got down at
    E-square thinking its Shivaji nagar (That time I didn’t have any idea which is E-square and where is Shivaji nagar and my friend just knew Shivaji nagar is aftera fly over which E-square too is.) Then we asked some one over there and got to know we got down at the wrong stop:drowning…..for many hours we waited there, finally got a bus and went to Lakshmi road. Before commencing our shopping expedition we payed a visit to the near by Tulshi Baugh Ganpati mandir.(Ganpati Mandir) After a few hours of shopping we were hungry and there were no hotels in the vicinity…after a lot of search a small hotel caught our attention and had veg. thali from there… The return trip was worse; we just knew we will get bus to Hinjewadi from corporation. Went there and asked many a people where we will get the bus from. Each person said us different places…:spinluckily amid the confusion a bus passed by and stopped for us to board it.
    That is my first experience of Maharashtr…and decided not to go out again unless someone who really knows the place comes along.So my free time was killed by myself (wasting time=killing time,right?) by sitting lazy in room and watching T.V.:bonk
    In April I went for a long leave...it was my wedding on the 4th.So 3 weeks of april was filled with fun and excitement.Again on 27th I was back with a hope to get transfer to Bangalore asap.

.............continued in next blog

2. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ami,

One of my close relatives live in Pune. I went there last year. The city is so clean. I loved staying in Pune.

I loved the city so much that I was thinking of settling there for good when my husband retires !!!

After reading your blog, my mind went back to those days when I visited Pune. Although it was a short stay, I have fond memories of M.G Road, The Odyssey Book Mall, and the small restaurants near Pune University.

Love,
    "HAPPY"

3. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

The weather is always gud in pune rite? I had been to this place once.. Though couldnt cover much places.. I enjoyed the train journey from pune to mumbai which has many tunnels..

LOL on wasting time=killing time

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear Happy : Yeah Pune is a beautiful place with a lovely climate, but in May-June
    its pretty hot:( Odyssey book mall & Pune university were places which i frequented.
    But till date I haven't been to M.G. Road:(

Deat Preethi : Thanks for the fb:) Though I was in Pune for 6months havent visited bombay
    from there, so didnt have a chance to enjoy those tunnels:(

5. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi, my son is studying in pune n i went with him last year. I liked the place though didn't get the chance to visit many places.