Public Figures And Security, Funerals -- Who Pays?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rihana, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Public figures such as politicians, filmstars, sportsmen, activists, artists can need security to be provided by the police. More than the common man needs. Who foots the bill? Ideally, who all should foot the bill?

For funerals of public figures, like the recent one of filmstar Sridevi, that require elaborate security bandobust, who foots the bill? Who all should?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    fourthaugust likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For the funeral -- I was under the impression that any event that disrupts public life, such as a funeral expected to draw crowds, needs a special permit, and part of the process is to pay for any extra security arrangements needed.

Looks like the city foots the bill. Which means the taxpayer is paying for it. Is this fair use of taxpayer money? Fair if the public figure payed high taxes in their life time?

The common man is the crowd that wants to participate in the funeral. Fair enough that his taxes pay for the extra security needed?

fourthaugust likes this.
  3. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

I thinks common man needs to pay for their fondness for celebrity. Can we resist the temptation of bothering them when they are seen in public. If we can then I guess there is no need of security. Hence no expenses.

Rihana likes this.