1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Provoked By Cheeniya.....With A Lady In A Room...

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 7, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I read yr blog with interest, and also the other replies and Sri’s reply too.

Sri says chasity is lack of opportunity.I agree with him.

A similar saying goes thus “ I am a Saint By Circumstances,Not by Choice”

Just loved yr real story, and I am imagining so many things Sridhar.first what if I was in yr place, what would I have done, when the lady herself was ready to sleep in the same room,and since everyone accepted in the camp that this would happen, so there was no need also to fear of getting caught.

I might have been tempted Sridhar, the setting looks good, so does the description.HAHA.

You are a saint, and friends with the wrong person called Kamal.Regards.kamal

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamal,

I do agree with you and Cheeniya on the issues of chastity and opportunity. That event was a turning point in my life, Kamalji.

I too like other men ogle at women, look for more than the usual time, the skimpily clad women appearing on the movies,mags and the TV.
    But that incident was a test for me. It was a sort of baptism by fire. I was asked to choose between the two Ws. Women and Writing. Somehow I chose the latter. And have been foregoing quite a lot of opportunities with reference to the former. But no regrets, Kamal.

I started to take writing seriously only after that. In fact this incident was made as a short story in Tamil as it was. And I made into a short story in English, entitled, 'The Opportunity'. In the English version the protoganist would have sex with that lady but then will come to accept the practical and the practicable side of morality.

I am not a saint, Kamal. One swallow does not make a summer. Simply because I avoided the company of other women I cannot be classified as good. I might be bad in a million other ways.
    So I am not friends with the wrong person.
    thanks for the fb, Kamal.
    love,
    sridhar

3. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Hello!!!

I liked this very much...."The year was 1995. I was just 28, for the ninth year in a row." Nice way to put across your age, very novel !!

Also I appreciate the fact that you are/were candid with your wife on your behaviour, which I feel is the foundation for a successful marriage...

Cheers!
    -Anusha

4. varalotti

Hello Anusha,
    thanks.
    Any intimate relationship is based on truth and openness.
    I have also written a short story on the same subject, dramatising this incident.
    We also had a contest in IL at that time asking ILites to write the end.
    Here's the link for that story
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/v...t-serial/316-should-i-tell-story-without.html
    regards,
    sridhar

5. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

Wow, I read this contest story and also read the conclusions sent by many....too good!!
    I wonder where you fetch such stories to start people to get thier thinking caps on such subjects!!!

Cheers!
    -Anusha

6. varalotti

Thanks. Life gives all the stories for us, writers. thanks once again for the nice words Anusha.
    love,