1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Protocol Be Damned!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Aug 24, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Visalakshi looked at the masaldosa on her plate. She stole a glance at their guests. The Kanoshakis were obviously lost in the delight of eating south Indain food. She looked helplessly at her husband who pointedly looked at the knife and fork beside her plate. It was obvious. She was expected to use them. How can one do justice to masala dosa with a knife and fork? She could never manage it. What the heck! She thought. What if I am the ambassador's wife! If I want to eat with my fingers, I bloody well shall! She would face his wrath later at home... there's one full evening's gap between now and then.
    Visalakshi calmly broke a piece of dosa with her fingers and dipped it into her sambhar, deliberately avoiding his furious eyes!

This story was written as an answer to the question:
    She knew he wouldn't approve. So why did Visalakshi go ahead and do it anyway?

twinklingstar, Pickle and sindmani like this.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear twinsmom,
    Not always can u please others, even if it is your spouse. I know of someone who tries to be good, which is actually not his real self. Known to procrastinate, never decide on time, all this being in a very senior position. He has lost the respect of his colleagues.
    This woman has spunk, Hats off!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
    sindmani likes this.
  3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Ha ha ha! Great idea to put the answer first. Next is it going to be eating in a stainless steel plate and making a swirl of the last mouthful ("Vaai") of Sambhar/Rasam/Thayir sadam and licking the front and back of our right hand ?:-D .

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

hi Vidya,

Or slurping paayasam elbow up!:wink:

5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite