1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

protein powder suggestions?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by mrudula, Jan 9, 2010.

1. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

hi

i have been breastfeeding my daughter and is in the weaning process now. i am a vegetarian. i eat eggs. i have lost a loooot of hair and it is not growing back. so i would like to use a protein powder. can anyone recommend a good one?

TIA
    mrudula

2. MGee

MGee New IL'ite

try amway (quixtar in US) protein powder bit costly but worthy

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

aria brand protein powder it is made specifically for women. I get it at traders joe or you could try amazon.

4. mrudula

mrudula Senior IL'ite

thanks ladies for ur suggestions.

pmahensa

i read your post in some other forum. the meatless meatballs seems so yummy. i will go to trader joes this weekend and get some. but is it okay to consume so much soy for ladies? i am concerned because i had some fibroids removed from uterus previously. so i am scared of any phytoestrogens.

i got the designer whey protein powder and it is fine.

thanks
    mrudula

5. aswini

aswini Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have been looking for protein powders too. If you go to any Organic food store, they will have a lot of variety of protein powders apart from whey protein. you can use flavoured whey protein powder in smoothies etc. If you are looking for plain protein powder, try to look for Rice protein powder. It is odorless and you can sneak them into any dish and mask the color too. It is gluten free and soy free. So you need not worry about all that.

6. il279

il279 New IL'ite

I usually have this one - Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein - Gold Standard (Natural):
    Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Natural Whey, Chocolate, 5-Pound Tub: Health & Personal Care

I prefer Whey protein powder over soy, because there are good and bad things about soy that I keep hearing all the time. I thought Whey protein is a safer way to go. This powder does not have artificial sweeteners too, which is even better.

I mix this powder with low fat milk and have it. My husband drinks it with plain water. I like the Chocolate flavor which tastes decent. Some of my friends did not like the chocolate taste that much. So, its really your preference. You can check out the reviews on amazon too and buy in smaller quantity if you like. Its also available in Vitamin Shoppe stores in the US.

Hope this helps.