prolonged bleeding after miscarriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sarayu18, Mar 22, 2011.

1. sarayu18

sarayu18 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Its been 11 weeks I had a stillbirth at 22 weeks of pregnancy. I am still slightly bleeding. In between I had mensuration kind of heavy bleeding but slight bleeding had never stopped till now. The bleeding increases when I go out for walking. I called doctor several times, he says its normal and does not want to examin untill I stopped bleeding completely.

Did anybody face similar situation. If yes, when did the bleeding stop. Did it stop by itself or did you take any medication. Can you please share your late miscarriage experiences. I mean how long did you bleeding last. Also is not a good idea for me to go out for walking.

Why am I not back to normal eve after 3 months after miscarriage.

2. mithuprak

mithuprak New IL'ite

Hi ,
    In my 19 pregnancy weeks my cervix are opened.after first day of 20th week i deliver the baby girl.but she is not survive in world.its normal delivery.after my delivery 30 days i have bleeding.

i think u have any stress ur body is not back to normal.
    avoid very hot water bath.(in my hospital nurse advise me).

if possible change the doctor you ill get second opinion.

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarayu...

sorry and hugs for your loss...

i did not have a miscarriage but after my delivery(C-sec),the bleeding dint stop just like yours...even after 40 days,it dint stop....when i consulted my doctor,she asked me to wait for another 1-2 weeks...but mine was not a heavy flow...after around 15 days of delivery,it was like spotting or very less flow like that of 3rd or 4th day of periods...later the doctor checked and said i had a small tissue(placenta) which dint get washed out after delivery and had to do a D&C...even after that it dint stop and again we found that D&C dont remove the placenta part...the doctor even said that if we dont remove,it could cause unknown complications in future or it can even grow big....we had to do a small keyhole surgery for that and after that i was fine...i dont mean to scare you but know what could happen if these things are not taken care...

so please look for this issue with great caution....take good rest...wait for another week..if your doc still says,its ok,please consult another gynacologist for help...dont depend on doctors who are not ready to help...take two three consultations from well known doctors(in my case,i would have consulted 4-5 doctors) altogether...

All the best..stay cool....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. waiting4miracle

waiting4miracle New IL'ite

I am really really sorry about ur loss. I also lost my baby at 24 weeks and bled for about 4-5 weeks. But my doctor had warned me that the bleeding could go on upto 12 weeks. However she had told me it would taper off. Yes the bleeding did increase wenever I exerted myself, even if a wee bit. So for a few days see if u can restrict ur activities completely. And if it still doesnt get better do change ur doctor. Maybe she is technically right but then its d doctor's duty to address ur concerns sympathetically.
    All the best.

5. sarayu18

sarayu18 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody for you input.

I had miscarriages in the past also. Never in the past I had this kind of experience. Maximum my bleeding lasted for 1 week and I got regular period after about 4-5 weeks after miscarriage. This time it is weird. Because of this bleeding I am not able to try to conceive also. I kind of feel as if my cervix is still open. I called doctor several times, they are actually least concerned about my bleeding.

Swaran: Even I am not bleeding heavily. I do not use any pads but I can see it when ever I use the bathroom.

W4M: As you said I will restrict my activity and see for few more days. If this still continues I will insist my doctor to examine me.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

May be its time to get a second opinion. Its not good to have bleeding for this long. It will make you weak right! Check with another doctor.
    Take care.

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

sarayu,dont take chances...continuous bleeding can make you tired and weak and anemic...better change the doc...consult some reputed gynas

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  8. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi sarayu

As swaran and Vasumathy said, Continuous bleeding is not good, it will make you tired and sometimes anemic. better consult another doctor for second opinion.

9. sarayu18

sarayu18 Senior IL'ite

Hello guys,

I went to ONGYN today. He wanted to do vaginal culture on me but could not perform as he could find some bleeding. So, finally he performed the vaginal scan to examine if there was any tissue left inside my uterus. He could not find anything. He says the bleeding could have been because of hormonal imbalance and I should take it easy and relax for me to become normal.

To overcome blood loss, I am taking 2 iron tablets every day. God is really testing my patience.

Sarayu

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sarayu....

Happy to know that you dont have any tissue inside....
    for me too the spotting dint stop,had scan just like yours and identified the tissue but then we confirmed it by taking 3-4 scans at different places....
    kindly take some 3D scans(that worked better for me while confirming) in some reputed place in case the tablets dont work...
    i am not trying to scare you,just giving you some informations...

Do post whether it worked for you!!!!!!!

My prayers for you!!!!!...