1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with my MIL after my baby's arrival.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mimita, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jeera2013

jeera2013 Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,
    Hugs to you. Cheer up. Dont ever let stress eat your life. I'm also one suffering from stress related health problems. Please do some mediation and come out of it.
    Coming to your problem, your mil seems to be a good granny to your lil one. Also she was good to you before delivery. So dont worry. there are mils who desperately try to irritate their dil using the kid. your mil doesn't seem to be like that. She is definitely not a threat at all.
    Regarding the child christening, the same thing happened to me. there is no such rule as in your case. But the name decided by my dh sounds like my name at the end. So my inlaws doesn't want that :) They suggested the name which will sound like my sil's at the end. Funny right :) We were about to yield to their pressure and finalize their option. It was then my DH came to know the reason and rejected their option and finalized his much liked dream name for his dd.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Every answer of you, matching to ur profile image.. :rotfl:rotfl

3. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

How many times have used the phrase "the baby" vs "my baby"... makes me wonder....

4. mimita

mimita Senior IL'ite

uh? I am not very well versed with forum lingo..else I suppose I would have used DD everywhere where I have used 'the baby':) I now understand why these abbreviations came into place :) If I was comfortable using her name here, I would have done that instead. So,your observation can get skewed because of these limitations :)

5. chad

chad Silver IL'ite

Dear op..
    I would like to say a few things
    1.I dont knw the age of your baby..but i can say one thing,if she grown up(around 2 years on wards)then she will more close with u and u r husband and play with you ppl alot
    and when you ppl return from office she jumps and laughs she acts likes she misses you both from a long time..so those are such a precious moments..
    2.As of now let her enjoy with her granny ,think in your baby ways ..i guess u r away from the baby for a day more than 8 to 10 hrs(during office) and come back and
    play a little time and sleep..she plays a lot with her grany ..so she will be little bit more close to u r MIL
    3.Grandparents love is also more important to the kids to know about the relationships.so its better to be with her granny rather than Nanny.
    if these lines hurt you then im so sorry..

6. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

hey girl, a mother is always a mother. remember you are the "mother". I suppose your kid is very small to realize you. But there comes a stage when the kids gets insecure and they start going to the mother. no one can replace you.
    my advice is, your kid starts coming to you when he or she starts walking as your mil cannot run behind the kid :p
    Also, put yourself in your mil's shoes. No fil - no emotional support. she has only your DH and that has caused her to take over care on your child. in other words, its a blessing in disguise. Just think if she was not there, how would you work with your kid spending a day with the maid or in the day care. you are lucky enough in that case.
    Try spending more time with the baby. get colorful things for the baby to play.

Put it straight to your mil that you miss your baby and have her with you when you are at home. never mind whatever she does, she always can be a grandma but not "ma".

It does nt matter if your kid forgets you are the mother, it is essential that you do not forget it. Also, never mind your mil. She can only play. nothing more. A mother can do more than that. Remember we were close to our grandparents, but did we abandon our parents? no. Give it sometime hon! things are going to shape up.

And it is very common to go through stress in this phase. Just relax and tell yourself, this shal too pass. Good luck.

Malu

1 person likes this.