1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

prestige issue

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri

When u grow older that is after 60 u have grey hair its ok. People having grey hair at that age look dignified and u feel like respecting them. Actually natural beauty should be appreciated. Now a days everyoneapplies make up and dye their hair. But that wont last long.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,
    Iam of the opinion that one should accept age (grey) gracefully!!! This is natural and to be frank coluring or camaflouging hair colour does not suit all. I think Iam not far to join the group , only few years away. When you do this it must suit you, like if you colour your hair black or any other shade it must not look startling or funny. My bosses are all like this they do not hide their age. What is there to hide????? I cannot understand.
    Pertaining to hair there are so many methods to keep it trendy .That is fine as long as it is not harmful.:iagree

3. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

hi Srini,
    Good topic . Like everyone else I also feel grey hair gives grace and dignity,not because I am at the age where it starts to happen...... Just as Sunkan had mentioned I used to admire Indra Gandhi and used to always think it greys naturally and beautifully at the sides, as I became more worldly wise I realised they make themselves up that way. I guess mostly we don't want to dye our hair but when it actually shows up in its ugly form as greying in a haphazard way we would really want to bring some sort of pattern or order and get into dyeing the same. Another person I admire for aging gracefully is Sunil Gavaskar.
    uma

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Padma, thanks for your response to this one. It is true that when people dye their hair, it takes black color for some days and becomes brown later on. This will definitely show us that they dye their hair. I too support your idea that it is 'their own's wish' to dye their hair.

5. Sriniketan

Hi Saraswathi, thanks for stepping in. Aging gives you respect, I accept it, but eventhough everybody likes to be respected, they also want to be young too!

6. Sriniketan

Hi Varloo thanks for your response. Maybe i am going to expect grey hair in my eyebrows and in my hand too! Thanks for the warning!Me too wonder at those public personalities when do they wear the wig for their public appearances, which looks very artificial. Have you ever noticed our Super Star! he once answered to a question why he is not wearing a wig, he smiled and told them that initially he dyed his hair but nothing worked for him and he then just let it go!

7. Sriniketan

Hi Ramya, i like your mom's arguement for coloring her hair. Moreover over I liked your last line very very much. It is natural, right?

8. Sriniketan

Hi Sunkan thanks for stepping in! I am going agree 100% with you over the last lines.

9. Sriniketan

Thanks Iyerviji for your comments on this topic. it is true that we should aprreciate nature's beauty as it is!

10. Sriniketan

Thanks Janani for your response, dying the hair must be in accordance to our hair color, isn't it, it must suit us-----accepted.