1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pressure to start a family!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EatPrayLove, Apr 19, 2013.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Atta girl !!! Your aunt is very wise and you are a strong girl. Good for you. Love to see women not take crap from anyone especially the so called "well wishers" and make decisions that suit your life.

Your "excuses" were awesome....love it.....And you truly are EVIL :)

2 people like this.
  2. shiltalks

shiltalks Silver IL'ite

Have a sad expression and then ask, "What makes you think we are not trying???!!" If that makes them pray harder for you, that's all for your good - after all, prayers never hurt anyone :)
    I would also like to caution you on being blunt and straight forward with your ILs when they come to visit you in the US. It is to your credit that you prefer to be honest and say things straight, but unfortunately not everyone appreciates this behavior. Not saying that you should lie either - but if ILs do something you don't like or you need to do something they won't like, make sure that DH is the one talking to them about it. You sound like you have a very supportive husband, so make full use of him. If ILs criticise you for anything, always blame it on DH and say that he wanted it done in a particular way. Usually, ILs will not say anything to their DS, so you can play it safe.

1 person likes this.
  3. EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove Silver IL'ite

I just remembered!! A distant relative on MIL's side had the nerve to ask me if there was any 'visesham' (=special event = good news) weeks after our wedding!! We were having a boring conversation and she was doing most of the talking. I was half- listening, half-nodding and smiling o everything she was saying n had totally zoned out.. So when she asked me this question, I didn't realize what she meant actually.. I simply said, (facing away from her), "oh yes Aunty.. It was Amma's (mil) birthday yesterday. I made some laddoos. Would you like to have some?" Saying this, I turned around to look at her blank expression! :D epic moment it was! It was then that it struck me :) thankfully DH called me for something else and I got some much needed diversion ;)

2 people like this.