1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Presence of mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 15, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear viji mam

it was really a nice post. You have such a penchant for writing and the words just flow from your keyboard :)(yes nowadays who is using pen or pencil).

I am a mumbai girl, born and brought up there. I used to stay in dombivli,then after mrg in Thane. We have our house in Thane. But i hardly stayed there, since my DH job takes him to places, i am going with him.

I read somewhere about ur daughter is working and it is hectic to work, with kid, yes it is so true especially in mumbai, where we spend 4 hrs in commuting itself. I used to work, but luckily, my company used to have bus from thane, or mulund. so it was less hassle for me to travel, althoug i traveled in mumbai local trains till VT for few years, and i know how much difficult it is to travel in mumbai.

thanks very much for nice writeups.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindian

My son also says like you only that I think too much and get worried for simple things. Good to know you enjoyed my pal payasam. Next time you shoud definitely have lunch at my place. True we get so excited seeing our friends that we forget everything.

Since two days I also could not take part in the conversation in A to Z.
    Two days back we really missed you. Today also when I came after 10.30 pm noone is there in A to Z. We should thank Srini for such a wonderful game. Your part is also there in reaching more than 1000 posts.

love
    viji

3. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji mam,

I came to know you in A-Z conversations...briefly interacted there. Now a days its become rare because of our timings.

I loved reading your post about presence of mind. Hehehe I think I have the presence of mind when it comes to hosting friends or such. But do not have presence of mind when it comes to things like switching the gas stove off after cooking :bonk

Jaya

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma

Nice to you to give fb to my thread even in your busy schedule with your little angel. Oh I have some company. Nice to see you in A to Z. Its a wonderful game where we are able to chat .But only one day we were all together otherwise someone or other will be missing.

love
    viji

5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami..........another interesting subject !!!
    These days owing to my sudden spell of forgetfulness........ make it a point to write it on a paper and keep so that I dont forget............yet sometimes forget one or two things......always happens despite trying to be a perfectionist.
    What is this A - Z? Let me know so that I can also peep there !!

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Sudha,

remember where you kept the paper:)

A-Z, do visit - this is how we make fun of each other.

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Viji
    Your presence is the presence of mind for me.

Since Avial had been booked by Padu, you can give me something else.
    Jaya

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    If I have presence of mind, my presence would be there in A-Z thread..:biggrin2:

Dear friends of A-Z, I should thank you all, who made this one, come to this level..Bow

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji

Thanks for being here Kamalji , I feel very happy to see you in my threads and get encouragement. Your humour makes me forget everything. Your sisters are lucky to have a brother like you. You are right we should not forget to give respect to our guests and attend to them when they come

Regards
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha

Thanks for your appreciation and nice to know you read my posts, ya now a days we are only typing no patience to write.

Glad to know that you are also from Mumbai. I also a working woman and travelled by train for twenty years and later due to my hip bone fracture travelled by bus for 10 years from Mulund to Prabhadevi by TWCA bus. Were you travelling by that bus.

love
    viji

it was really a nice post. You have such a penchant for writing and the words just flow from your keyboard :)(yes nowadays who is using pen or pencil).

I am a mumbai girl, born and brought up there. I used to stay in dombivli,then after mrg in Thane. We have our house in Thane. But i hardly stayed there, since my DH job takes him to places, i am going with him.

I read somewhere about ur daughter is working and it is hectic to work, with kid, yes it is so true especially in mumbai, where we spend 4 hrs in commuting itself. I used to work, but luckily, my company used to have bus from thane, or mulund. so it was less hassle for me to travel, althoug i traveled in mumbai local trains till VT for few years, and i know how much difficult it is to travel in mumbai.

thanks very much for nice writeups.[/quote]