1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

preschools in bay area

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Bay Area' started by khushipoise, Dec 18, 2012.

1. khushipoise

khushipoise Senior IL'ite

Hello friends,

im going to start medical school in Pacific heights, SF bay area from next year.
    i have a 2.5 year old for whom i looking for preschool information. she will be three plus by sept 2013. In general can anyone please guide me as to how do the SF bay areas schools work? are schools in pacific heights( near downtown) good and easy to get into?
    is it better to look for schools in other areas like fremont, cupertino which are good school areas and have indian community as well?

i dont mind travelling to school( 20-30 mins) but need areas with good schools and good daycare/ nanny services especially with Indian community.
    im stressed with all these issues, any clarity on the school areas near pacific heights would really help me.

thanks so much.

2. khushipoise

khushipoise Senior IL'ite

Can anyone please share any information they have on bay area school districts and general guidelines to preschools. ie- how does the admission process work? any deadlines or important dates to get admission next fall(september). I am also looking on the net but the info is so widespread, thus any personal inputs from moms with kids or preschoolers will be really appreciated.

I am interested in areas with good amount of Indian community and that would be reasonable travelling time and accessible by BART to downtown SF?
    pls help. Just want to be informed before i move so i dont miss my babys school year. I will be moving towards end of Jan 2013.

thanks.