1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PreSchool Pajam Day: What to do? Ideas Please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by kads, Dec 19, 2007.

1. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

hello all the moms of pre-schoolers
    My son have pajama day n friday in his montessori school .Any idea what is this pajama day and what we have to do on this day as much i know they have to wear there night suit and go to school and what else,is it they can get there soft toys to schl n that day .Pl let me know all asap as i have t prepare himfor that ....
    One mre thing is that some holidays gifts gifted to teachers in there schol if yes then will he give to his class tearcher or others teachers also and main thing is what type of gifts we can give ,what have u gifted to urkids teachers as this is the first time for my son so dont have any idea....pl all the moms and sunitha pl help..

thanks
    kads

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: what do u do on kids pajama day in pre-schol

Dear Kads,

Pajama day is what you have said in your post. About taking soft toys to school on this day, each school has its own policy. The best will be to call your kids teacher and ask if you can send a soft toy.

About Christmas gifts, yes its a nice thing to do. I give all my sons teachers( class, PE, Music and computer, plus my younger ones 2 class teachers). So you could give those teachers that interact with your son closest( class teacher plu anyone else).

I usually bring gifts from India for all of them, and buy some candy and bake cookies at home and give along with a card. You could depending on your budget:
    1. A gift card to a restaurant.
    2. Scented candles and votives
    3. Gift card to " Bath and Body works".
    4. Nice Crystal ware from Mikasa or similar
    5. Home Decor Items .
    6. A nice Scarf .
    7. Boxed Jewelry like a bracelet or a broach( lapel pin)
    8. Ceramic Mug filled with coffee, biscotti, hot chocolate( you get this in stores this season , all wrapped up nicely.
    9. Simply give just a nice box of candy.
    10. Cookie Jar filled with cookies
    11. Gift hamper ( basket) filled with goodies( you can either buy this preassembled, or assemble it yourself). It can be an " Tea" basket with items for making tea, couple of different varieties of Tea, crackers, cookies etc..)

Hope this gives you some idea.
    Vandhana

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I think Vandhana has given you most details.

For gifts,this is my first time too for my son.I was also wondering what to give.Thankyou,Vandhana,your suggestions are wonderful.

My son had pajama day last week.Infact the whole of last week,they had to be dressed up in some form or the other.For pajama day,he just wore a casual pant and tshirt that he normally wears at home.Some kids had taken extra efforts to buy nightsuits specifically for this..that is left to you to decide.Some kids brought their soft toys.My son usually does not have the habit of sleeping with a soft toy,so he did not carry any.The most important thing is to be dressed casually on that day,like as though one is at home.

4. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Thanku vandana and sunitha.

Vandana thanks a lot again for such excellent ideas.
    We r thinking of giving either a chocolate box like some gift packs we get in cosco or if we dont like any then thinking of giving the gift certi of bath and body works..so how much dollor gift card do u purchase actually in my sons school they r very strict in all these like they dont allow any sweets on kids birthday any thing we want to do can do out of the school ,no teddy bears allowed on pajama day or on other occasion nothing do be done as per there rule......so was thinking what willl be the best gift to give them as it should not be over done and should not look very less also...

THANKS

5. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My kid is having pajama day in his daycare this friday too and just today morning I gave all the gifts to his teachers. In my opinion the giftcards below $10 looks lesser, so I bought all nice gifts each around $8, 9, $10 etc..

I bought boxed jewellery 7.99(kohls), a fuzzy comfy slipper ($10), candle set, glass photo coasters, purses(4.99 from walmart, it has one big purse & a small one in each pk) and some more like those.. you get the idea.

I bought a pack of decorative bows from walmart (96c) too.. Added one for each card.

Kohls have good deals on boxed jewellery & has a cute ear ring tree too..

Last year I bought a gift for my kids teacher only and gave a big pack of cookies to the director lady which they can share. May be you can do that too..

Hope it helps & Have fun!!

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Usually, I would buy and give gifts to my kids teachers, but, this year, for the first time, had bought some small gifts from Chennai and presented to them. It is all like wooden work based, but small in size to carry and hence, it must be a different experience for them too.