Preparation and expenditure in Doha

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by gajanan1, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gajanan1

gajanan1 New IL'ite

Hi my dear Indians,

I am planning to stay in Doha with my family(2 persons) for a period of 6 months from June to Dec2010. Yet i am unaware of monthly pay details hence wanted to know what are the monthly family expenditures (grossary,rent,electricity bills, fuels, car, shopping, transportation etc.) and what salary should we expect for an IT engineer which can overcome my expenses and can save some money for my future. Also i had heard the whether condition is very humid so what type of clothing should be taken while coming.
    Any other suggestions are welcomed such as how more money can be saved by bringing more stuff while coming.

Thanks and Regards,
    Your Indian brother
    Gajanan :)

2. Priyaalagu

Priyaalagu Silver IL'ite

Hello brother Gajanan............for the salary.....all the IT here will answer you.....reg expenses concerned to get a house 1 BHK its starts form QR.3000/- depending on the area and size mostly inc,usive of water & elec or if u have to pay sepertely it costs around 200 max..........grocery will cost you aroun 1000QR & extra depends on ur usage.

The cliamte is 2 extremes here summer goes to 50degree (this was last year max registered) & winter around 8 to 10 degree.( a yr before it touched 2 degree) so prepare your outfits accordingly . The season will be like mar to sep very hot & moderate in oct - nov & from dec to feb cold.

for transportation its better to rent a car since you have said u will be here only for 6 months & the rent will cost around 2000QR for a Honda & toyota models are little higher.Fule is the cheapest thing u can get here so dont worry on that.

Overall its better to negotiate with the comp for accom & transportation other than your basic. Driving licence is a another story but what visa will u be here. if its visa u cannot go for driving licience & if its bussiness visa & if u have a GCC licence its valid.

Let us know if you need more info:)

3. gajanan1

gajanan1 New IL'ite

Thanks sis !!
    Will prepare accordingly.

C U soon.

Thanks and Regards,
    Gajanan