1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Premonition: GIFT OR CURSE

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Jul 28, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

My beautiful Kamla,

Your smile is so engimatic, I still cannot get over the photograph of yours with Malathy. I will keep dropping one liners in all my post to you as I admire beauty. My friends always tell me, "Wish you were a guy, I would have married you," as they feel their spouse do not admire them so much. ;-)

I am extremely thriiled hearing a word of appreciation from you. You have discussed a valid point. India is rated as the land of tantras, mantras and all super natural beliefs. I have noticed, that such beliefs exist everywhere, it all depends on an individual and not a nation or a community. I never believed in Premonition until I met this friend, we are like two peas of one pod. I patiently let her confess and I observed that most of her predictions came true. She wanted her name to be hidden in the pandora box, the fear of her mother who may pull her to Mangalore to get a tantrik baba to cure her. She is paranoid of the whole scene.

Thanks a ton for stepping in.

2. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

hi mals,
    being in a world that still misunderstands us who have the gift, we should definitely stick together as well as stick up for each other.dont you think so?:thumbsup
    as for shanvy's warning, i would ask you to trust her as well as your own instincts. your instincts are what can save you from many an unpleasant situation.and more so if do at all feel any vibes(negative ones), be careful...this is also signs that bodes ill.

take care mals.
    cheers to all of you ladies.:wave

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Mals,

This is a great thread.....

But this premonition is a gift and also a curse....

As long as the predictions are taken in the spirit with which it is said and to be prepared or taken possitively by others, it is a gift.... If they take it negatively it is a curse...

Knowing the future and what is going to happen sometimes it is a curse.... We know somethings, but we cannot tell people and even if we tell we will be laughed at.... Sometimes it is like typing ur hands and legs and pasing ur mouth and alllowing you to see a child playing with dangerous objects....

Since I have seen and faced this ...............

So .... It all depends upon how the person with premonition put up and how the receiver takes it.........

Veda

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Agree with you Vysan, it can be looked from a gift point of view and curse point of view too...... Till the event occurs, I have seen what that person goes through!!!! In your case and my friends case we are there to be with them, trust them, stand by them, what about the people out there, who cannot spill the beans to anybody. At least through this thread, Maya and Shanvy have come together, they can share their views and help each other too.

Valid comments...

5. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

My experiences during college times.

Just before the finals everybody busy finishing projects and studying for the exams. My friends asked me how I was so cool and calm. I told them that I was just generally feeling good as if I have achieved everything I wanted in life. Then the thought comes that one says so just before dying. Brushed away that thought but was generally calm the whole day. Evening came to know that my grandmom died peacefully. Maybe it was her death I felt about. I could not meet her before her death. Everyone else had met her. I could not even go to her funeral because of my exams but I was at peace knowing that she was happy with her life.

Another one, once while performing physics practicals, I was just sitting looking out from the window. My friends came to me and asked as to why I was sitting so silently and where was the person who is usually jovial and friendly and asked me if there was anything wrong with me. I answered "nothing wrong but if anything happens it will be really bad". When I returned back I heard that my parents had been to the post office and an incident happened there. Mom sat down in the middle of the bench so that dad could get a place to sit after he was done with the clerk. Another two people came in to sit and mom had to move to the side to let them sit. Mom then got up and went to dad. It was then the glass ceiling just above the bench broke and fell down and those two people were hurt and taken to the hospital.

A few months later when I was about to eat lunch a thought came into my mind that I am going to hear of someone's death in the next three days. I could not mention this to anyone since I did not know about whom this was. I asked parents to call up grandparents and talk with them. Two days passed. The third day came. It was my term exams and suddenly in the middle of the paper I went blank for around 10-15 minutes as if somebody had hit a pause button in my mind. Naturally I was the last person to come out of the exam hall and friends were making fun of me saying that I will be the topper in the class and that I did not realize that there is no one in the exam hall so busy writing the paper. I told them that I was watching everybody write and did not write my paper and that I was sitting till late so that I should at least get passing marks. We had a good laugh over it and I just told them out of the blue that I have laughed so much today but will be crying for at least 10 times more in the evening. Evening came and still nothing happened. I was actually happy that this thought was wrong. Then as I was coming back from a walk neighbors told that one of my bro's friends died in an accident. His family was out of station and that one of us would have to go and identify the "body". After the accident he was alive for 15 minutes or so, exactly the time when my mind went blank in the exam hall. He had proposed to me a few days earlier and I had politely declined as I was more into studies and never actually thought about anything along those lines at that time. For me he was a friend. Somewhere looking back I feel it was true love on his part which made me feel this incident.

Oh how I fought with god that day. I asked him to either give me knowledge properly or just take it back and that I do not want this half knowledge. Spending days knowing that something bad will happen but not know about whom and nor can I do anything that can prevent it. I felt it to be a curse at that time. Gladly after that no more such incidents.

Now I do get vibes and generally tell I did not get a good feeling about such and such a person or place but no elaborate incidents. Maybe God has accepted my request to take it back.

6. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Was searching for another thread Astrology boon or curse when I chanced to come upon this thread. After posting reply saw that this is a pretty old thread :D