Pregnancy Test - positive or negative???

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ramgopika, Mar 14, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: -ve after 10 days of missed periods

Hello,
    It might be due to hormonal changes too...
    Wait for couple of more days and later you can check with doctor.

Good luck,
    Punitha

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi deepshika,
    All missed periods dont result in pregnancy.any way hope for the best..if furthur delayed and -ve consult a gynac.
    Best of luck.

3. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

i dont think you are pregnent as pregnent test become positive with in few days after fertilisation. either u repeat urine pregnency test to confirm that ur not pregnent. if its negative seek medical help if dont get next due period as well.

4. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

Hi deepshikha,
    Most likely you are not pregnant... I too have experienced this situation number of times... Please contact a gynaecologist.. She will prescribe some medicine to start your periods.

-Devotee

5. Vanju

Vanju New IL'ite

Hi

I too miss my periods for 10 days. I dont know about this HPT ? How to do this HPT ? Is this stands for Home Preg Test ? We jus thought of fix up an appointment with the doctor in the coming week end..Before that I want to test it myself. How shall I proceed ?
    Pl help.

Vanju

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Vanju,

HPT is a home pregnancy test. You can buy it in any pharmacy. The test comes with instructions (Each test is a bit different reg actual procedure). You need to basically test an early morning urine sample and you will know by the appearance of a colour band whether it is positive. It should work about 4 to 6 weeks after your last period (ie around the time of the missed period). And Deepshika, every missed period is not a pregnancy. You could repeat after 2 weeks and see. Make sure you use an early morning sample as that will contain the highest concentration of the chemical that is being tested.Hope you get the result you want.

Vanathi.

7. archy21

archy21 New IL'ite

Re: How many days post +ve on OPK

Hi, I didn't wait till my periods date to take the test. I took 4 days before my periods date, it was neg, then waited for 2 more days then took the test again and it came back positive :):cool2:...
    Best Wishes
    AM

8. sujijag

sujijag New IL'ite

Re: How many days post +ve on OPK

u can test it at 14DPO or after that...so that u can b sure of ur result...:cheers

lots of baby dust to you .............:hatsoff

9. zaasmine

zaasmine New IL'ite

Hi - when to take pregnancy test

Can Any one tell me when is the right time to take pregnancy test.do you have to wait till 40days to complete or you can take it before....last month. i didn't get my period and i waited ,and i had all these morning sickness,head-ace,back pain..food craving all the symptoms of pregnancy...just before one day to the 40th day i got my period ....every one got really disappointed ...i really didn't know what went wrong...why it happened...

I really appreciate it if you guys could tell me..it will really mean lot to me

Jasmine

10. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Re: Hi - when to take pregnancy test

Hi Jasmine,

Sorry for your disappointment. But don't worry, it will happen one day. Regarding your question, usually it is suggested that you can do home pregnancy test sometime five days early before your periods due date or the day after you missed your period. But still it is recommended to get a blood test done from the doctor for conformation. You didn't do any home pregnancy test so you don't really know if you were actually pregnant or not. My periods are also very irruglar, sometime 23 days cycle and sometime 35 days cycle. Periods usually get delays due to stress, harmonal change or some time it could be chemical pregnancy. Which lots of time women don't even know that she is pregnant.

I would suggest you to check with the doctor, I have read on some sites that sometime women still get light periods even when she is pregnant. So, better to check with the doctor and ease your mind. Good luck.