pregnancy pillow

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by harinideep, Oct 19, 2013.

1. harinideep

harinideep Gold IL'ite

If any of you have used maternity pillow , please let me know how was the experience.
    Also i found in flipkart that price is 3215 ( in firstcry.com , same pillow is 4300 rs).
    Is there any online site or shop where we would get it cheaper
    Also I would like to know from which month we can use it .
    I am 12 weeks preg and have a habit of sleeping over tummy . Till I sleep I manage to sleep on sides. After I sleep , I absolutely have no idea about my sleeping position.
    I am thinking whether pregnancy pillow might help .
    ( I kept 2 pillows near my tummy and slept and within 5 mins , I push it far and sleep)

2. aartiangels

aartiangels Silver IL'ite

Hello, Good you asked this question.. I am in the same boat and at 12w too. Lets wait for answers ... :confused2:

3. ann0123

ann0123 Senior IL'ite

To my knowledge the cheapest maternity pillow is Farlin Pregnancy Pillow on flipkart.com which is priced at 3218. Most people start using it from the 4th month onwards, but it's all depend upon the personal choice.

4. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

I am using Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow ( you can search in amazon for the link) which i borrowed from my friend who no longer needs it. I started using it from 4 months. I found it comfortable especially because we are supposed to sleep on sides and i am used to sleeping on my back which is not good for baby starting from 5 th month. Without pillow even though i tried to sleep on my sides i used to end up on my back after a while and i would panic since sleeping on the back puts whole weight of uterus on some important nerve which carries oxygen to you/ as well as baby and you sleeping in back puts baby at risk. Now i am relieved Atleast with this C shaped pillow i will not be able to sleep on my back so i would definitely recommend a pregnancy pillow

1 person likes this.
  5. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

hello

I got my pregnancy pillow when I was about 8 weeks pregnant and trust me I feel it was one of the best investment I made. Iam now 36 weeks pregnant and sleeping is so much better with it.It gives very good support to ur tummy when it is small and now when tummy grows big , even if we lie down on the side, the pillow protects it very well.That too it was so good to have when I had to travel to my hometown by overnight train.

Before I bought it i visited few shops and also checked online.I wanted the one with back support as well. So the best one I found was from Mom and Me.I dont remember the brand.I will check the cover which is in loft if you people need. The cost was 2999. the same model was 4k in mother care .

let me know if any of u need more details on this.

regards

Evolet

1 person likes this.
  6. desichick123

desichick123 Silver IL'ite

hi skyinsc,

I have bought the snoogle also..but am finding it difficult during sleep..it is not able to support my neck..I keep my head on the top of the pillow but my neck and back appears to be hanging and hence pains me after an hour of sleep..do you get this? if so, how did you solve this issue? please help..

7. desichick123

hi evolet,

can we buy the pillow from online store as well? please give the brand name too..i will be going to India soon and will not be able to carry my maternity pillow from here..so will want to buy a new one there..

8. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Hi desichick123, i sleep on the pillow exactly like how they showed in the picture in this link : Amazon.com: Snoogle Chic Jersey - Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Pillow with Jersey Knit Easy on-off Zippered Cover - Heather Gray: Baby and under the head rest part i also have one more pillow as i felt the support the pillow gives near the head is not enough for me. It works for me . Do try and see if it helps for you

1 person likes this.
  9. desichick123

10. Evolet

Evolet Senior IL'ite

Hello

I checked the brand yesterday , it is "DreamGenii" and I think it can be bought online as well.

Let me know if u need more details.