prefered local public schools

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Singapore' started by jhunjhunwala, Jan 20, 2011.

1. jhunjhunwala

jhunjhunwala New IL'ite

We are planning to shift to Singapore in March. Many of you have recommended local schools. Can you provide name location & contact details of local schools you are sending you kids to.. We are planning to take accomodation in east cost.

Regards

2. bhanuraj

bhanuraj New IL'ite

Hi, Welcome to Singapore !! Please let me know the standard (s) your children will study here, as there are separate primary & secondary schools.

cheers
    Bhanu

3. jhunjhunwala

jhunjhunwala New IL'ite

Hi Bhanu

My daughter will complete class II in India by March. She is 7 years old. I don't know how the class system works in Singapore school. Information on that will also be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2011
  4. priya31

priya31 New IL'ite

Hi ,

If you are sending your daughter to Singapore Local school then she will start 2nd term from March for Primary II as per Singapore Education system. But check with your friends as many Indians won't feel comfortable in that 1 yr gap and that's the reason they send the kids to Indian schools in singapore. Also, it depends on whether you are settled here are going back to India as well.

Think well & plan accordingly. Hope this helps you a bit.

Cheers,
    Priya

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi check out the Ministry of education, Singapore website Here:, for your queries to be addressed. It will give you the list of schools in your locatily and other info.

All the best!