1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Precious gift

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

It Took Him Just Four Minutes To Bring an Entire Middle School to Tears. Wow! - Your Food Corner
    Mr. Marc Mero, a professional wrestler made this profound speech in one of the middle schools and brought tears to hundreds of students instantly within 4 minutes. What could be the subject matter for someone to create such an impact in the teenagers who are the future of this world? It is a subject called “mother’s love”.

Whether as teenagers or aged person, how many times we have expressed love to our mothers? There are many who are blessed in this world to spend the entire life with a precious human being called mother all their life and take care of every needs of these angels who were sent only with a specific purpose to love us. There are others who are not so blessed and these precious gifts are taken away from them making them sulk all their life.

How this precious gift is so special to every human being? Because she is the only one who believes in our capabilities and keep nurturing us until the best of our character shows up to the rest of the world. There is a certain period when we grow up, we feel we should be left alone and prefer to stay as far away as possible from our parents. We don’t like their line of questioning and we don’t even care to respond to their questions. But she does not give up and continue to seek time from us to know where we had been and what our plans are for tomorrow. She wants to find out how we are performing in the school and who our friends are.

Today, if we are able to make a living, support our own family and interact with people around us well, it is because of how we have been developed and nurtured by our mother at our young age. Even before we were born, these wonderful beings spends months together expressing love to developing fetus, learn to withstand the pain caused by their children, feed them well, spend time doing auspicious things hoping that the upcoming children would lead a perfect life and prepare themselves to take care of their children once they are ready to show up to face the world.

We have experienced the most precious thing in the world called “love” only from the mother before we experienced it from anyone else. She is the angel who communicates with us to make us feel so special and understand the presence of divinity. Without the precious presence of this angel, one would be lost in the jungle of life without any direction or purpose. Let us think of how many children in this world are not blessed to experience this divine love from the mother? The question to those who have this precious gift, did we realize the value of this precious gift and reciprocated the love these angels showers on us?

Life is so short and the eternal sleep comes unannounced to every one of us. When we have an opportunity, let us express our love to the mothers of this world. Let us learn to look at the women in this world with respect and appreciate their invaluable contribution to this world. It does not matter whether she is educated or employed, rich or poor, sick or healthy, she never fails to look after her children. Her love is truly unconditional and she doesn’t do anything out of expectations from the children.

If we have to stand tall in this life, only way we can do that is to become the person she wanted us to be loving the fellow beings, persons of flawless character and radiate the unconditional love she showered on us reminding us the divine existence. Let us learn to realize the value of precious gift we are blessed with and appreciate the blessings. It is after all the mother who teaches us giving is the most fulfilling feeling that we can ever experience.

6 people like this.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    you have paid rich encomia to mothers and thereby to women.I only wish that all women are as ideal, as self less and as understanding as you have explained.
    If that be the case, a boy's mother cannot consider herself to a girl's mother.Even in modern society MIL-DIL clash continue in full swing.Both are mothers, only seniority differs.The patriarchal attitude , nurtured by mothers of all ages prevails to this day,in most of the houses.
    If this attitude persists, mothers don't deserve none of the attributes.

Jayasala 42

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Viswa dear a very touching post and a tribute to all the mothers in the world. I have finished my nominations otherwise would have nominated, whether nominated or not your threads and the way you narrate are worth in gold. Hats off to you Viswa, I am proud to have a virtual brother like you

True without mother we would not have come to the world. For giving love education is not necessary. Children who dont have mothers and lose them in young age will know the value of her. Especially till the age of 5 years the children need their mother because that is the time they learn everything which makes their future. But now a days due to modern technology children learn in the womb only. True after growing up children want to be away . Its good to be independent but they should understand the feelings of the mother also who always misses their children and worried about them.

The mother feels so happy when a son or daughter says I love you mom, its because of you only whatever I am today. I need you always.Some might think she is selfish in expecting their children to be always with them but mother's love is like that. I was also feeling very happy when my son said I always love you whether I say it or not and its because of you whatever I am today. In that way I am blessed to have three loving children , though they are abroad keep in touch.

I was also blessed to take care of my mother in her last days. At the time of her death my husband was near her as I was sent to inform my brothers who were out of Bombay. She was sick only for four days and by the time Doctor could diagnise the sickness she expired.

When my children were kids I used to give all the time to them. In fact I was very possessive of them. I wanted them to be children who make their parents proud. In bringing them up my husband was full support and he only showed them the value of money and so many good things.

Thank you for the lovely and touching post . Long live mothers and let us always love them and respect them

When I hear the song Enna thavan cheydanai Yasodha I feel emotional and also feel what thavam we have done to have adopted daughters who are precious gift to our family. My younger daughter's daughter seems to be from a well to do family. But my elder daughter's kid is from a poor family who does not have a mother. I always feel my daughter is like Yashodha to her. She is so intelligent and likes to learn everything. We are blessed

Sorry for the long post

1 person likes this.
  4. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good morning Vishwa Sir,
    A truly heart warming tribute to a mother. But I agree with Jaya mam, that the same 'mother' behaves as a 'woman' when it comes to their 'DIL'. Why does not the motherly love the MIL has for her son, daughters and children of her daughters (not children of son's in most cases) pass on to the DIL and DIL's children.
    To eulogize a mother is good, but as a woman, she is not a perfect human being and more often than not, she fails.

5. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Viswamitra ,

There is this inexplicable bond between mother and the child! Even before we develop the sense of "I" and "My" we know mother. What is that bond? How it is so natural? How God has put that "Mother's " instinct which goes beyond every imagination to protect the child and take care of it at any cost?

A great puzzle!

A beautiful snippet on Mother and her infinite love. But as Smt @Jayasala42 has raised I am also unable to reconcile the same mother, as Mother-in -law becomes the most unkind person to DIL in a few cases as we all know and also read in some threads in IL!

Of course, I am a mother without a daughter and MIL with no problems with DILs! I am unable to understand how one can have two different personalities one for daughter and one for DIL.

Is it because the relationship as a mother is God made and relationship as MIL is man made?

Thanks for a nice post as usual!

1 person likes this.
  6. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Viswa Sir,

Another wonderful post from you...I'm responding to your post while waiting for my mom to come home, have invited her for lunch today. Though it's not the first time she is dropping in I am so restless since morning wondering what dishes to prepare, how to spend the day with her etc etc.

True, no gift can ever be so precious compared to a "Mother" ...we are here today because of her...I was not so close to my mom during my childhood, but my growing years from teen to an adult has been shaped by mom. She stood forte for me all times, as much I wish to tell her " Amma I love you so much" in words never have been able to...express in actions and try to the best I can for her...

Thank you again Viswa Sir for this lovely post, glad I read it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for your first feedback. This post is about the special relationship enjoyed between the mother and the child and is not about MILs especially MILs who don't welcome their DILs not realizing that the happiness of their sons will be entirely dependent upon the happiness of her DILs. This is purely written with an intention to highlight mother-child relationship that really helps make a man or woman of the future. Who doesn't have flaws in this world? Mothers are no exceptions. Barring a few mothers who have deserted their children including the famous Kunti in Mahabharata, most mothers' hearts still beat for the welfare of their children.

There are many writers who have written wonderfully well about their mothers and the special bond they enjoyed with them including Cheeniya Sir, Satchidanandha and many others. I have not written something new here. But after reading the response of Laks09 to the post "Extras by women" written by hrastro, I have written this post with gratitude to all mothers just like you nominating Laks09's response in FP forum. No matter, how many new generations come and go, the special bond between a mother and child is unique. There are umpteen discussions about MIL-DIL in the Relationship Forum and I really don't have anything more to add than what was already said in this Forum.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for your wonderful response. I know you are a good mother and you have a whole extended family of daughters in this Forum. Your children are very blessed to have a mother like you. It does not matter whether a child is adopted or biologically born, a mother showers her love to her child forever. That is why Lord Krishna loved both His parents throughout His life. How many mothers in this world are doing everything they could to help a child with special needs? When I read the response from Laks09, my eyes were filled with tears. She is not only fighting for her own child but also for every mother who has a child with special needs.

There isn't a day that passes without me admiring how my son melts in the love my wife showers on him. Even though I am far away from my mother in Chennai, I can hear how happy my mother is when I talk to her over phone. I can understand how you feel when your children are in touch with you regularly even if they reside abroad. The distance doesn't make any difference because the children reside in the hearts of the mother.

I was only trying to emphasize the point how important it is for the children to express their love to their mothers. It is better to give them time when they are with us than performing a yearly rituals after they are gone forever. There are circumstances for some children to leave their parents alone back in India in their own home or even in old age homes because of their career or even in an assisted living facility because of health issues. But it is important that the children convey their love constantly to their mothers irrespective of where they live.

Viswa

9. Viswamitra

Dear Madhuprabha,

Thank you for your response. As you rightly said, it is the tribute to the mothers in this world especially mothers who love their children and ready to do anything to make their children happy even after their marriage.

I really don't know the answer to this question. I only feel the love of my mother, mother-in-law's love for her daughter and my wife's love for our son. I asked my mother what made her not like her DIL, I didn't get an answer. Perhaps, if I am blessed with enough life, I will wait to ask the same question to my wife when she becomes a MIL. I believe if a woman doesn't know the answer to this question, it would be impossible for a man to find the answer.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Dear Suryakala,

Thank you for your response. Yes. It is an inexplicable bond. She teaches the meaning of love to the child which sustains every life in this planet.

Like you, even my mother is a person with no daughters but she didn't enjoy the best of relationship with either one of her daughters-in-law. But she never failed to love her two sons. Now, we have only one son my wife showers her love to him and I have to wait and see what my wife would do after we get a DIL.

No. I believe even marriages are no accidents and they are predetermined by the grace of the Lord. Some are successful and some are not. Similarly, some MILS are wonderful and some are not. It looks like it is destiny. This destiny could be changed only when those type of MILs understand that they are hurting the happiness of their sons by hurting the MILs.

Viswa