1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Pre School

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Bay Area' started by Geetha24, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,
    I'm looking for a pre school for my 3.9 yrs old daughter. Can anyone suggest a good one near sunnyvale?

Thanks,
    Geetha

1 person likes this.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

hi geetha,

There are a whole bunch of preschools in sunnyvale. Private schools like : Challenger , Stratford, One world Montessori all have branches in Sunyvale. You can just google the school name and get to their website.
    Although admissions to Challenger and stratford are a little difficult now, you can try One World , Also get a copy of bay Area parents magazine( local library, community center etc..) and they always have advts of various preschools all over bay area.

vandhana

3. vanigooty

vanigooty New IL'ite

one of my freind's daughter studies in One world Montessori ou can try that i believe

4. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Generally for many areas there is a locla non-profit organization which gives information about daycares and preschools in a specific county. Try calling Bananas/4c's they might help you
    Thanks
    Mangai

5. msquare

msquare Senior IL'ite

hi few months back, before i came here, i asked the same question. I have put my kid in sunnyvale parents preschool according to the online reviews. the school is yet to open. thats all i can be of help. also there are lots of pre schools around this area like cupertino co-op, laurel wood preschool, apple seed preschool all around the same areas. you got to apply quickly as you may not get the seats in the school you pick. good luck.

6. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Geetha,

Stratford has 2 campuses in Sunnyvale, DeAnza and Washington Park. I believe that Challenger also has a campus in Sunnyvale.

My daughter will be going to Stratford next year.

7. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone,

Im looking to join my daughter who will be 3 this feb in a preschool in cupertino/sunnyvale. Anyone who has already joined their kids last year please give your feedback here so that i can get some ideas.
    I have heard a lot about Bright Beginnings and Quinlan preschool programs. Not sure which one to join and when to register. She will not be 3 as on Dec 2,2008, so not sure to which level she will qualify.
    Is parent-participation programs good for a 3-yr old or good to join them somewhere where they can be independent. Friends, pour in your reviews here.

vani

8. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm thinking of finding good preschools for my son in sunnyvale. i did some reasearch and found out about Kindercare and Bright Horizons.

Does anybody have first hand opinions about either of these two?

I would also like to hear about other good preschools in sunnyvale.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008