Praying God...am I Making Any Mistake.

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Sweety82, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Hello friends, I think this is the best place to share and ask.
    When we have some trouble in mind like seeking solution s for pressing problems, no peace of mind, we surrender to god's feet and genuinely ask. But when we really need a solution, and if god doesn't do what we want and if there is a situation that we have to go through tough times in life, does this we call it as a karma, or do we call it as a mistake that we have done in praying god I.e, we may not pray from our heart so that it doesn't reach prabhanjam properly ( because while we pray, our thoughts can be roaming about the problems without our control). Or is there anything that we need to do to put our problems properly to his feet, for ex. Some people say that praying in Brahma muhurtham will give you effect or do we need to pray everyday to see a positive move. Because many people say that prayer has a power and I believe that. But if our desire is not fulfilled, how should we achieve it. Seriously confused. Can anybody clarify this? Share Your true experiences with god. Iam skeptical about whether Iam making any mistake in my side while praying. When I pray to god. Sometimes I loose my temper and get angry about people who troubled me and I cannot pray to my best. Any advice Pls. How many of you say that it is really possible to achieve what we want through praying god. If so, how. Really need your advices. Thanks all a ton.

luckysangeetha likes this.

2. annu78

annu78 Gold IL'ite

Belief on God is a good thing but only prayers don't help. Work towards what you want. Remember age old saying that God helps those who help themselves. I Have been through lots of troubles like father's serious illness, in laws problems and what not.Faith in God keeps you going but don't become superstitious in the process. God is a guiding force who is not that rigid to judge your right or wrong methods of praying. Connect with God and keep doing what you should. Happy praying

3. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

i would like to share what i learnt from my experience.its raw and might look rude please think deeply.
    First of all God does not run a supermarket to give us something we desire and we pray for him.You should pray him out of love without wanting anything that is real prayer.Yes you can ask him because he is the ultimate creator and father of all beings.So tough times has come because of the karma created and they should have been more difficult since you pray with faith the mildness is reduced and also dont expect the problems to get solved by the timeline that you give it is decided by the Lord and he knows what is correct for you at the right time to fulfill your desire and also tough times are a blessing in disguise because they teach us lessons to be learnt to become evolved and move on the next level if the lessons not learnt the problem exist and extends.Surrendering unto the feet of the Lord means you are giving full control to HIM and so u must trust his moves.That is the real power of prayer.Yes brahman murtha time is good for prayer because the environment is clean the air is fresh and mind is also fresh and so you can chant the holy names with concentration and so you understand that problem exist only in the mind and not the situation.
    Hope i made some sense.

4. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks you @annu78 for ur valuable thought.

5. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Thanks you @luckysangeetha for ur valuable thought. Oh! So Brahma muhurtham time has its own significance for fresh air and fresh mind? Is that the only reason people prefer or does it have some other spiritual reason?

luckysangeetha likes this.
  6. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

during that time melotin is produced which is related to pineal gland and so you are more harmonious and better in ur thoughts going forward.less thoughts more calm is experienced

sindmani and MaruthiRao like this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Prayer does good but as others pointed God is our creator. He does good for all. Here what we can do is to move on in our life. Only we can help ourselves. Spirituality is nothing but living our life , doing good for ourselves as well as helping(little) others . Positive thinking help us make our life beautiful. Prayer methodology, astrological preferences etc does very little compared to our positive thinking in any circumstances. "Yes this to shall pass", attitude , "Good things are going to happen to me, I am the child of God " attitude will help us sail any bad weather or storm in life. Pray from ur heart, cry to God but leave it once u finish the prayer to God itself. Nature will take care.

8. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Couldn't agree more !

Sweety82 likes this.
  9. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Very true @Sandycandy and @sindmani . By the way can anyone clarify the Brahma.muhurtham timings? Every one is saying different. Don't know which one to follow. Need exact info. Thanks

sindmani likes this.
  10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

They say 4 o clock to 6 in morning. Is Brahma Muhurtham.