1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Potty Training a toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 2, 2005.

1. rojaramesh2005

rojaramesh2005 New IL'ite

How Can Potty Train To My Son

Hi all,
    I have 3 yrs son. He goes toilet in potty, but poo-poo does not go in potty.
    when he gets poo-poo mummy put diaper. That time i take him & go to potty,
    then he said mummy dont come poo-poo.If i put diapper he goes poo-poo in that.How can i train to my son?Pls give advise me.

Thanks,
    Roja.

2. rojaramesh2005

How Can I Potty Train To My Son

Hi,
    I have 3yrs old son. He goes toilet in potty,but don't go poo-poo in that.When he gets poo-poo mummy put diapper .That time i take him go to potty.then he said don't come mum.If i put it he goes inthat.pls help me.

Thanks,
    rs.

3. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

Re: How Can I Potty Train To My Son

Hi Roja,

When he says he wants to go to poo don't put diaper. I know they won't sit in their potty or toilet. Tell him that diaper is over we have to buy from shop so finish your poo we will go for shopping diaper. Even if he is not convinced don't put diaper sometimes he might go on the floor or in the carpet too. But once he start immediately put him on the toilet and allow him to finish and from then he will surely sit. This is what i did to my daughter when she was 2 year old. In just 2 days she leant. Now she is 2yr and 10 months. Hope this will be helpful for U.

vidya.

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

5. Vinal

Vinal New IL'ite

Re: How to potty train a toddler

:) HI,
    Just another idea, when i was to potty train my son I would give him some small book with pictures, and talk to him about them, so he wud be interested in them n not fuss to sit on the potty!!!!!

You can give this a try may be it helps too.
    Take care, Good Luck.

:2thumbsup:

6. rojaramesh2005

Re: How Can I Potty Train To My Son

Hi Vidya,

Thanks for ur advice. And ur idea worked within one day.

thanks,
    RS.

1 person likes this.
  7. ss.mmm

ss.mmm New IL'ite

Potty Training

Sharing my experience with you all so that it will be helpful for me too knowing how you all are doing on this.
    My kid goes to the day care. He is 2+ years old and they are training him. They keep specific timing for this. I also work on this project:) diligently. He wakes up around 7 & I start the morning with some milk & breakfast[he likes cereals like cheerios or chocos rather than dosa, idli etc.]. Very poor eater, so I dont really emphasise anything, I give him whatever he likes. After this, I try to put on the Potty Training seat [initially, he fussed a lot]. nowadays, he sits there watching some cartoon on the TV. you guessed it! I put the potty seat in the living room. tsk . No, he has not yet started pooping there. As of now, he sits there for 5 min, then he puts on his pull ups. Also, after dinner around 8, there is a potty training time again.

Till date, he never pooped or peed on the potty seat, still am looking forward to the first day he will do this. At day care, he had peed once. Otherwise, its jus on the pull ups/diapers he does it. Hoping to get some comments from other Moms of these marvelous gems.

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

My younger daughter who is almost three is trained now.Iams slowly making her to go in the mornings so that it will help when she goes to school. She is nin pre kg now and before they get to proper school its better to tarin them, take them every one hour to the loo. This has to be done even at night, specially if it is cold.Then they will learn to tell us when they need to go.

9. Orange

Orange New IL'ite

Toilet Training For Toddlers

Hai,

My son who is 2 yrs. had almost practiced with "No 1". He is not even bed wetting now a days. But he always struggles with "No 2". He does it wherever he is.
    If I make him to stand in the toilet, he begins to play over there, instead of passing " No 2".

What is the exact age of Toilet Training for Toddlers?
    What to do ?

Indhu.

10. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Re: Toilet Training in Toddlers.

Hai Indhu,

My son is also 2 years old. Till 2 months back that is from his 20 months he was telling me when he needs to urinate or for No.2........but now after his 24 months, i don't know what happened to him, he started again to wet the bed, in hall, bed room etc. but when i ask him he is telling and showing the bathroom, i don't know what to do now.

But this is the right age to make them practice........when his face goes something unusal u take him to the toilet and do potty practice.....then atomatically he will continue that after some days......

i did the same for my son...but now i don't know what to do for his NO.1 (No.2 he is ok)

try and hope for the best.