Post Pregnancy - Postpartum Pains

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Divya Pillay, Oct 28, 2007.

1. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Re: body pains

I don't think by putting cotton with garlic will avoid headache. Americans dint do any such thing & they are so fit after delivery.
    I am sure there must be some other problem. Make sure u are getting enough rest. Sleep when ever u can. Take naps in day.
    The belt does help with making the belly flat.

But I wouldn't advise in taking all random herbs Be natural & just rest.

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Re: body pains

hema
    thanks for the reply
    DD completed her 3 months today and entered 4th month and we named her deeksha, right now i dont have body pains but i feel sick all the time and tired ..i am joining back to work from thursday hope everything will be fine :)

neha
    sorry that dint work for me :)

hey devika
    how are you and your baby?
    i belive most of traditions we follow have some scientific reason behind it
    so i am sure this one would also have some reason behind it unfortunately i dint follow though:hide:

3. goldenrose

goldenrose Senior IL'ite

Stomach tan

Hi ILs,

I have given birth 1.5 months before through normal. My stomach and neck became too Dark with some wrinke and i got small tummy like 4 months pregnancy. What to do? Is there any treatment for this. Please suggest me

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Re: Stomach tan

even I face the same problem .. ds is 4 mnts now, I had a very dark neck n under ams .. really really bad, I neck colour has become normal after 3mnts , my underarm r still dark.. not that bad though , like abt 50%.

twice a week I shower with besin n curd , exfoliating whole body I seemed to work for me .. i'm just hoping my under arms get normal as well.. it's really embrarasing I can't wear any my sleeveless tops.

5. Monalisa

Monalisa New IL'ite

Re: How to cope up with the pain from epsiotomy?

Hi

I had epsiotomy (8 stiches) and also had sensitive breast skin problem. Regarding epsiotomy I couldnt do anything then just bear the killing pain. But when my son was 1 and half month I started facing problem with feeding, whenever my baby sucked I had cracks and blood coming out from near the nipples and sometimes it got mixed with the milk. It was so painful that I was unable to feed my child and he used to cry of hunger then still bearing the pain and crying I fed him 2-3 days then I finally had to try using Avent breast pumps Avent bottles Avent sterilizers etc. I did not get used to using a breast pump so then I manually started getting milk into the bottles and giving to my baby. But once the sucking action started to reduce milk also started to reduce gradually and breast feeding came to a complete stop by the time my son was 3 and half months.
    Even today I feel bad about it that I could not breast feed my child, that too I had good quantity of milk, sometimes I had to remove and throw away extra milk.
    Now my son is 3 yrs but still I wanted to write this post to let other to-be mothers know abt this and take precaution from the begining. The only thing can be done is start massaging ur niples with oil from the 6th month of pregnancy that will take care of this problem.

Monalisa.

6. salonmondiale

salonmondiale New IL'ite

Re: Massage ladies for New born Baby and mother

Hello, I am checking to see if you do massages still? Do you do only baby massage, or both adult and baby massages? My cousin also asks if you can give her head massage with oils? What oil should she use? her hair is very long lower than her waist and is very thick. How much will you charge for head massage two times a week?

7. Mahnoor

Mahnoor New IL'ite

Hey Rosenav

does exfoliating works??? I also have dark stomach but a fair line at the bottom may be bcoz dat was my original complexion. I also feel so embarrassed. wat product to use for it. I apply basen with rose water and turmeric powder yet to see the result significantly.

8. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

mahnoor yes exfoliation works but you got to do it very religiously like at least 3 times a week... I use besan n curd wit haldi.

I have the dark line which runs across the belly ... it has become light now, but I heard it may not go away completely. .. but yes the Tan is gradually coming off , my neck tan is gone, my arms have become 70% lighter... so I have seen a lot of improvement with exfoliating.

9. Mahnoor

Mahnoor New IL'ite

Thanksss

My stomach has become tan but have a bright line appearing on the bottom I m so worried about it. I will try ur suggestion

10. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

This thread discusses about pains in various parts of body post delivery its symptoms and remidies from expert ILs.