Post partum recovery-being away from first child

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by L0tus, Jun 24, 2012.

Being away from 1st child during postpartum recovery affect the child psychologically

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. L0tus

L0tus New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I have come to my parents place for post delivery recovery and support for looking after my baby. I have a 5 yr old son. I have sent him away to my inlaws place with my husband, since I don't want him to miss school. My husband and in laws take good care of him.
    I am in an emotional dilemma. I feel guilty of sending away my son. It has been a week since I sent him home. I still want to stay here at my parents for 2-3 weeks further.
    Am I doing wrong by being away from my son? Will this separation impact the relationship between my 2 children? Will my first child be emotionally / psychologically affected by this?
    Please advice. Please share your experience in handling 2 children during post partum period and further when they grow up.
    What are the issues that I will face while bringing up 2 children?

2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

If ur son is just 5 yrs old, missing a few days of school is ok. But if you have already sent him don't fret about it. Recover from your delivery and when you go home he will have ample time to bond.
    2-3 weeks separation is ok, just talk to him daily on phone.

Good luck
    FL

3. L0tus

L0tus New IL'ite

Hi.. Thanks for ur consolation. My son has not yet admitted on missing me. He seems to be managing okay. I don't want to speak to him over phone, cause I think that will be a direct reminder of missing me, and he will feel bad. I am planning to go in another weeks time. I don't remember whatever happened to me when I was 5 yrs old. So I am convincing myself that my son will also get through this phase and not be affected by this.
    Thanks for ur reply.

4. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

hi Lotus

He should be fine now.As he has his dad and grandparents with him .but after you take the baby he might feel diffenerntb and little bit jealousy so just try to bond with him once you take the baby .like reading to him or playing with him etc.