Post delivery pcos question

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Shivali3, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Shivali3

Shivali3 Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I am new to il so letme give u in short my pcos background .i got married in 2007 , in 2008 I came to know that I have pcos and on top of that my thyroid levels r not normal.afterthat I was on medication I lost weight but was unable to conceive .my doc suggested x ray and other test in which we came to know that my left fallopian tube is totally blocked ,afterthat I went for surgery but no use.so our doc suggested for iui this time I was lucky in first cycle I conceived .though I had twins but lost one after 7 weeks.oh so much tension and tough time finally I gave birth to baby boy on 15 dec 2010 in Singapore .one more thing ladies I lost my mother when I was 3 month pregnant .now my question as I donot have mother to guide me so I am sending to all the mothers and to be mothers my questions, during breastfeeding i was not taking metformin but still my periods were normal after 11month my periods stopped and again doc gave me metformin and I had my periods.( I was in India at that time)now I am in London and here when I got my test done every thing is normal and doc stopped my metformin but now I am not getting my periods when told her she said u should lose weight do exercise and eat heathy food. it is necessary to take metformin or it can be stopped? Can I conceive my second child without iui? Has anyone in London got done iui and conceived? Please help and answer my questions

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shivali,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...
    I will attempt to answer few part of your query!
    Mostly hormone imbalance comes along with or in extension to PCOS
    You can very well conceive without medication if your PCOS conditions are normal, that is if your periods are regular & thyroid levels are normal. If possible, track your ovulation. If all these factors are fine, you don't need to bother about Metformin as well. Just focus on weight management & good diet. Try to be active or do some moderate exercises regularly, so that fat won't deposit & became heavy in weight! PCOS can be controlled with diet, exercise & care. So, don't worry about it. Just focus in building healthy body, that will do the good!
    Hope soon your body will get regularized.

3. Shivali3

Shivali3 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you for your reply Vasumathy , I am trying for weight lose but now I will try harder.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thats good. Hard work will get paid off!
    All the best!