1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Positive update on my earlier thread" arranging a marriage alliance'

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by joylokhi, Feb 2, 2016.

1. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Its been sometime since i logged into IL- the reason being that i got busy with my son's engagement.
    This is an update on my earlier thread where i had brought out my frustrations of having to finalise an alliance for my son.
    Finally, as wished by him, he communicated with a match that we had initiated thro' horoscope matching etc sometime in 2014. He got to know her thro' common friends, talked over a period of 2 to 3 months, and when he had made up his mind, told us we could talk to her family etc. Both came down for a brief period for the engagment ceremony on 25th Jan. and marriage in May 2016.
    I am just updating on this, as there may be many more parents who may be in similar position when it comes to an arranged marriage now a days. A lot of patience is required from all sides. Ultimately the important thing is that the wishes of the concerned boy and girl should be the main consideration.

13 people like this.

2. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing the positive update with us....

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So happy to hear that Joylokhi. Heartiest congratulations to the young couple and best wishes to them too.

1 person likes this.
  4. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Congratulations
    My you have an affectionate MIL DIL relation

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Joy dear , glad engagement is over and marriage in May. Yes true the wishes of the boy and girl is more important because they are going to live together. Now a days it has become very difficult to select a girl. Recently also a couple got married but after some months the girl has gone back to her house. A woman not only gets married to the man but to the family and she has to get love and affection from everyone. But in some cases the couple want to stay separate after marriage and now a days the parents also agree to that for the happiness of the couple and they also want space , in this way both are happy and they can keep in touch always and be there when needed. Hope I have not written anything wrong

6 people like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Joylokhi......:party
    Looking forward to the 'Shaadi ke laddoo'in may.

2 people like this.
  7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Joylokhi,
    Hearty congratulation on'Bahu arrival'.I wish the function all success, a happy harmonious married life.

Jayasala 42

8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @joylokhi! Best wishes to the new couple. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the likes, congrats and good wishes kcb,satchitananda,shobhamma, jayasala42, rihana, thegirlygirl,yellowmango,kaniths , amica.

Its a good feeling to share my feelings with you all and get blessings in turn.

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Joylokhi,

Thank you for this update. I will be sailing in the same boat in the near future. My son when he completes his Ph.D., we are going to be on the look out for a bride and I am not sure what he has in mind. Your guidance above would help me how to be patient and handle the situation with care and diligence.

My best wishes to the happily married couple.

Viswa

1 person likes this.