1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

port of entry - dulles airpot

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by rojaa, Jan 22, 2010.

1. rojaa

rojaa New IL'ite

my parents are coming from india...
    am on h1, inviting them on b2 visa..
    they will be coming throgh washington IAD dulles airport

how is the immgiration check there..are the port of entry officers Ok..do they do lot of checks....my parents cant communicate well.please advise..

2. Jyothisri

Jyothisri Bronze IL'ite

Rojaa,

I entered the US through IAD an year and a half ago. The immigration process went quite smoothly. The immigration officer checked my passport and immigration form and asked me what the final destination is. He did spend most of the time looking at his computer verifying my details. When he was satisfied, he asked me for the finger prints of both my index fingers. I got the fingerprinting wrong the first time and he asked me to try again. When that was done he snapped a photo of me and said I was good to go and handed me my passport and I-94. I did find the immigration officer a little grumpy and he did not smile back at me even though I smiled when I wished him a Good Evening. But I guess he was just doing his job and didn't bother with the pleasantries.

I suggest that you ask your parents to be alert and not get distracted by other passengers or other things happening around them when they are with the immigration officer. Do not use cell phones when the immigration check is going on. When unable to understand any question, ask the officer to repeat the question. I did have some problem understanding the officer's questions and asked him to repeat.

I'm sure your parents will go through the immigration check smoothly. Wish them a happy holiday!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi

My POE is IAD and from there i have to take another flight to DTW. Just curious to know how the immigration and customs will be...

Regards,
    Pandu