1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Popular wedding gifts

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by MeenLoch, Nov 16, 2009.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Dear iLs,
    I have 5 weddings coming up in the year 2010. I need some suggestions on the popular wedding gifts from here to India.
    Budget - Anything from $50 to $200..
    I saw the gifts thread. That s generic.
    Also I have not researched into the wedding gifts here, I mean looking into websites etc..
    Pour your suggestions. I would greatly appreciate that !
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

3. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

Opps didn't read the post!
    I would send some them on a trip, we have sent cash as a token gift and once I believe we sent some money to the parents to buy the bride whatever she wanted. Have fun at the weddings!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  4. sillygurl

sillygurl Senior IL'ite

How about gold ? - a small earing/Bracelet / Pendant/ Ring /Cute stylish bangle something that comes below 1 sovereign.

A mini honeymoon ? You can check online for a getaway place for the couple for a day/two
    . Within $200 budget , it might be difficult to get a resort, but you might be able to find cool home stay in scenic places where they can get ample privacy.

5. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hey Meenloch,

For the bride, you can take some great mini make-up kits. They will love it.

Also, you can strings of precious beads (like uncut ruby, uncut emerald, coral, jade, etc.). You can make it into beautiful sets taking it to Narayana pearls & gems in T.nagar, Chennai. They turn out to be lovable sets to gift newly wed brides.

You can also try knife sets here from bed, bath and beyond kind of stores. Also, recently the light-weight corning ware set is a great hit as a gift to India (I found some good deal in Sam's club on this set).

For the groom - you can buy those shaving kits (with variety of gels & cream, mustache trimmer, razors, etc.) Otherwise, it's only perfumes for them.

Malathy

6. mahakumar

mahakumar Senior IL'ite

When I got married my SIL gave me a great package from Victoria's secrets. It had a perfume, body moisturizer, deodorant and cold cream.

7. omshanti

omshanti New IL'ite

wow, someone of the suggestions are just awesome! Have you looked at this store called bed, bath and beyond? They have some awesome stuff for the house that both, the husband and the wife can enjoy.
    You can also buy lingerie for the ladies..my cousins love the satin ones that you find here! Makeup kits, handbags for the ladies! Sometimes, plain ole cash works too..they can buy what they like!

8. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all the tips everyone..
    Bed Bath and Beyond is sure a great store.

M,
    Any pointers on where to buy uncut Ruby, stones etc ?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I think a really nice gift from USA is cutlery although it is heavy to carry. Oneida is a very good brand and look for sales on it. Also Corelle has been mentioned but the Corning outlets have pieces that you can't find elsewhere to go with any Corelle set. A digital photo frame would be nice to display wedding pictures.

10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    WII will be a nice gift which may be around $ 100 to $150.
    I prefer to get digital photo frame which is very attractive and
    comes in various models.