1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PONNIYIN SELVAN IV - Chapters 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 6, 2013.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

This is the English Translation of Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan, which has been nationalized by the Government of Tamilnadu and hence is in public domain.

The copyright for this translation however rests exclusively with the author, Varalotti Rengasamy. No part of this work shall be reproduced, transmitted or otherwise dealt with in any form whatsoever except with the express written permission of the author. Quoting parts of the work for the purpose of literary criticism or comments, with due credits to the author is however permissible. The author morally asserts his copyright.

Original Author: Kalki
    Translation: Varalotti Rengasamy
    Editing Support: knot2share

© Varalotti Rengasamy aka R.Sridharan,MADURAI

Similar Threads
    1. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. curlytweethere
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. gayababu
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

In fact so much less was mentioned about Aditya Karikalan in Ponniyin Selvan and his death is still a mystery. The fourth part had some wonderful episodes portraying his character, though not in full. This is one of my favourites that I read this again and again, years back. In particular, the prince's attack of the vulture statue. Magnificent piece it was. Thanks Sridhar, now I am going to read those episodes in your flawless and livelier translation. -rgs

3. cvvamsi

cvvamsi Bronze IL'ite

Finally the wait is over. Great Epiosde Sridhar. We got to know about the vattle at Takkolam now. May be we will know more about Aditya Karikalan in this part.

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar, it is nice to know how great kings acted during the peak of war and how they compensated the local people the damages they incurred due to the war. (digging pond in this place)
    But sad to know the end of King Rajadhitar..due to conspiracy...those kind of people live in every place and near very famous people..

Sriniketan

5. MahiSree

MahiSree Gold IL'ite

The wait is over and thanks for another great episode sir.
    Actually its the Cholas win over the kind of Twin Province.
    An enemy with white flag and folded hands chanting "Surrender" in the battle field means he's no longer fit to fight with the mighty opponent. Its a perfect defeat. As per "Yudha dharmam", he has lost. Not our Cholas.

Poor Adithya. Its the "Maya Mohini" - Nandini, who changed the character of our brave prince and that of the great warrior, the pazhuvettaraiyar. hmm, she has has own reasons to justify, though.

6. NaveenSwathi

NaveenSwathi New IL'ite

Hello sir,

Very much happy to see IV part coming. I read on Wednesday but was unable to comment then. Egarly waiting to know what is in for Adithya karikalan at Sambuvarayar's palace.

7. varalotti

nice to interact with you after a long time, rgs. Yes, I love this part which calmly analyses the character flaws of Karikalan. thanks for the nice words, rgs.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Yes, boss. We'll know about Adithya Karikalan one of the finest characters ever created by a story teller in this part. thanks for joining me in this journey.

9. varalotti

thanks a lot, sis, for joining me once again in this epic journey. The Kings did not have to worry about the next election or worry about amassing millions for their children. So they ruled the country according to the established principles of dharma. yes, traitors were there in every period.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Mahisree,
    thanks for the kind words. And all your words of praise should go to the original author who created this all time master piece.
    What the enemy did to Rajadithyar was outright betrayal and treachery.
    We could never know what's there in Nandini's mind. But we all know that a scorned woman can wreak havoc worse than a Tsunami.
    thanks for joining me in this journey.
    regards,
    sridhar