1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Of Hate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Dec 4, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Politics of Hate

"In a foreseeable future, I will be dead person. I want to remind you that dead people are people too. There are good dead people and there bad dead people. Dead people have fought in every war."- Tom Davis.

I read this quote recently in a book. I am forced and anguished to quote this here in the midst of Gujarat elections. Even dead people are not being spared. One that was covering nose with a hanky to ward off the bad smell is a dead person. All living people do the same. Like all living people that person was also a people. Like all dead people that person too was good and bad. That person also fought wars on personal level. That person also fought wars that were forced upon. In some that person won, in some lost , as all living people do.

I wish, though hopelessly, that dead people were spared of such hateful treatment for the sake of a few votes. After all, one day we all will not be here.

Am I asking for too much?

GeetaKashyap, shyamala1234 and Jeeves like this.

2. Jeeves

Jeeves Silver IL'ite

Neever speak ill of the dead...it is said !!!

HariLakhera and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    Politics does not spare anyone if it profits the politicians!
    Syamala

HariLakhera and GeetaKashyap like this.