1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls Help-Monster in the room

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by meghanshu, Apr 18, 2007.

1. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Hi all,

My daughter is around 4 year old she was a very confident & Independent ..was sleeping in her room,use restroom on her own but now-a-days she is scared of everything and says there is a monster everywhere & has stopped sleeping in her room.For past 2 months she has been sleeping between me and my husband.First we thought this might comfort her and she will gradually forget but thats not happening infact she insist that both of us come in the room and put her to bed lying down with her.Both of us are really worried and frustrated with her behavior and have tried everything from talking to bribes..nothing is working. She has few friends in her school who talks about having monster in their home ...spoke to her school teacher and they said all the kids talk about all that all the time and that's no big deal...well its big deal for us:evil: . We definitely want her to sleep in a different room as that's affecting our relationship.
    Can anyone please help me in this

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007

2. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Hi Meghanshu,

Seems like you daughter is really terrified about the monsters. Try this trick (I had read this somewhere) Fill an emptry spray bottle with water and ask her to keep it next to her. Whenever she gets afraid of monsters, ask her to spray with that water around. Tell her its a magic solution which will kill the monster:mrgreen: . She might get over her fears.

-Sihi

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Hi Meghanshu

I read in our local newspaper a suggestion given by someone.It seems they placed a paper or plastic butterfly by the child's room window and told the child that if a monster comes,that butterfly will chase it away and it seems that worked.

In our case,my son is 4 1/2 and he sleeps in his own bed in 'our' room.If we need time for ourselves,we go to the other room,that's all.Works fine with us.

4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    YOu can try different options for your kid.
    I have given one big stick to my son and told him, if monster enters his room, he can hit the monster and scare it.
    It is working for me....

Good luck,
    punitha