pls do read & give ur opinion........

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by meenaprakash, Dec 21, 2005.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

dear friends,

don't know how true this could be ...............
    this kinda accident can happen even in any good insides
    thought this virus doesn't work outside our body, especially in water
    not heard of any other instance of contacting AIDS from eating an infected blood. do give your opinion on it.....

A 10 year old boy, had eaten panipuri about 15 days back, and fell sick,from the day he had eaten. Later when he had his Health check done... doctors diagnosed that he had AIDS. His parents couldn't believe it...

Then the entire family under went a Checkup... none of them suffered from Aids. So the doctors checked again with the boy if he had eaten out...
    The boy said "yes". He had panipuri that evening.
    Immediately a group from Mallya hospital went to the panipuri vendor to check.

They found the panipuri seller had a cut on his finger while cutting the onions, his blood had spread in food. When they had his blood checked...the guy was suffering from AIDS ..... but he himself was NOT aware.

Unfortunately the boy is suffering from it now.

Please take care while u eat on the road side.

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

thanks for the warning!

Hi Meena,

This really sounds dangerous.....have to let everyone know that such a thing is possible.
    Can anyone else enlighten us if such a thing is possible?

Thanks for sharing this....let's hope no one else gets affected like this little boy who just had a panipuri!
    regards,

3. raj_2r

raj_2r Guest

HI Meena

Hi

I think this is nonsence. Eaither doctor was not checked properly. because from my point of view & Knowledge this is not possible . The aids virus ends within 7 second so how it is possible . and pls dont mind think positive n negetive both .

4. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

scaring

Imagine getting AIDS after eating bhel/panipuri! Is this possible I wonder? If there are any docs on the panel do respond to this one.
    Sharada

5. Niveditha

Niveditha New IL'ite

Total nonsense

I had got the same mail some 4 mths back and its not true. Aids spreading through eating pani puri??? No way!!!! Googling on this subject might throw some knowledge on this issue.......

6. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

pls do read

hi meena,
    I stay in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dubai</st1:place></st1:City> and many here got the same type email. Here the puri was replaced by shawarma, a famous Arabic sandwich that people mostly take from outside. The issue came in the newspaper and they admitted it was a hoax email. Some people work behind this which might be a time pass for them. Or some other intentions?

safa.

7. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

I got the following forward sometime back hope it answers some of our doubts

Facts about " HIV "*** Must read...from Ranbaxy

>Its good to be well informed about HIV.
    >There was a story on junk some days back where it is said that a boy got infected by HIV virus by eating pani-puri . And there have also been rumours where people are affected by the HIV virus when they got pricked by an HIV infected needle in theaters...Lets evaluate the rubbish.
    >So read along!
    >From RANBAXY...
    >I have seen this below mentioned mail floating across group email & I
    feel its my moral responsibility to correct all misconceptions regarding HIV AIDS. I can do this because I am educated enough to comment on this and for >those who don't know my profession ... I am serving as Brand Manager (Product Manager) handling anti HIV/AIDS portfolio (called as Antiretroviral Drugs) in Ranbaxy.

>Please read following points carefully & don't send such emails related to medical ailments without having complete knowledge about it (even
    partial knowledge could be grossly dangerous).

>HIV (virus) requires *ONLY* *Blood or Semen* as medium to transmit from one body to another
    >HIV *can not* transmit even through *Saliva* (mucous) i.e. even if
    >HIV-infected patient coughs and another person is exposed to his sputum
    >(cough), the virus still can not transmit because concentration of virus particles in sputum is almost NIL & exposure to air anyway kills virus in fraction of seconds
    >In case HIV-infected person got an injury (like the cut in below
    mentioned story) and he is bleeding, the virus can transmit to another person only if another person has a cut/wound in his body & that too when *blood from both person comes in contact with each other* (this is also very very rare
    unless bleeding is very high) and not otherwise

>HIV can *never survive in any other liquid* medium also other than blood or semen >(& please for God sake ... never in Pani Puri wala's pani)

>Even if one drinks an HIV infected blood (or semen) of someone (ingest through Gastro Intestinal track), the virus *can not survive in the acidic pH of stomach*. Highest extent of acidity is 0 (practically not possible) so imagine 1 as pH which is in our stomach. (This pH can bun your own finger
    in less than a second if you dip in that acid).

>Exposure of less than 1 second in AIR KILLS the HIV virus* (story of needle >pricks in Cinema theatres goes down the drain) . Even if blood from a wound (of infected person) dries up (*blood clot*), *the virus dies* and can not infect anyone else

>HIV transmission is *ONLY* an *INFECTION* i.e. entrance of virus in one's body. It *DOES NOT MEAN AIDS*.

>An HIV-infected person (after entrance of virus) can progress to condition of AIDS only after *8 to 10 YEARS *(not in 15 days as in the mentioned story)

>It is *not HIV (virus) that kills a human* ..... the virus attacks
    immune cells (cells that fight against foreign pathogens/antigens) and hence a person's ability to fight against infections & diseases slowly diminishes and person ultimately dies of a disease which could be as simple as TB

>Most importantly, HIV is no longer dreadful disease .. it is "* CHRONIC MANAGEABLE DISEASE *" just like Diabetes or Hypertension. If there is anything you need to be careful from to prevent HIV is *UnsafeSex*, *Blood transfusion* (check before taking) / Blood donation (use sterilized needles
    only) and any *blood contact during an accident *or so where amount of bleeding is very high

>SUCH INFORMATION IS STRICTLY FOR THE USE OF HUMANITY...SO GO ON...DO THE GOOD WORK...PASS IT ON TO OTHERS...

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidhi,
    Good, you have smashed the gossip and srong notions and such things about HIV/ AIDS. Thanks a lot, people just start to believe anything and everything they are ignorant of, including me.
    Some time back, SUN Tv was telelcasting a seriel calle Chidambara Ragasiyam. In that one character will be injected with te blood of a HIV infested person to make that character also HIV affected and test some medicines to cure that. I was just thinking about how much this was possible.
    People in the media, especially the visual media, should refrain from giving such false information just for story's sake.
    Some years back, it was cancer which was featured in all films, the hero or herione will die of cancer. Thanks to good and noble doctors, that has been stopped.
    Once again Vidhi, I thank you for the correct information.