plese tell me about turkish holiday

Discussion in 'Travel' started by resmij, Jan 2, 2012.

1. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

dear ilites in uae

we are planning for a holiday in turky may be next month..
    has anybody visited this place?
    tell me about it? what can i shop..is it expensive?
    tell me anything and everything about your trip..
    i have heard that it snows there?,is that so next month? can i travel with my one year old child..
    looking for your suggestions..
    resmij

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

3. Mariahn

Mariahn New IL'ite

Turkey is pretty nice. Like all countries it really depends on where you're going. A lot of culture and sight-seeing in Istanbul. Great shopping and haggling in the Great Bazar.

Frankly, I like the small relaxing villages over the big cities in Turkey. Dalyan for example is very nice. Always remember to haggle a lot.

4. archana820

archana820 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Resmij,
    I travelled to Turkey before 3 years best holiday we had . Amazing places to see, Istanbul is ok but the other cities are very nice i traveled in the month of september it was quite cold . For latest wether you check online .

Have you decided on the places where you are going to visit u tell me your list of places to see and i will tell you if you have missed out any places.

5. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

hiii archana
    well i have no idea of what place to visit
    my husband took a tour package..,a bronze card actually,
    and then decided this trip

6. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Do you like history? Then Istanbul is definitely the place to see. You can feel it in the air:) If you like the beaches that's another option too.

Go to tripadvisor.com and look up other people's reviews on things to do...you can read up people's reviews and find places based on your interests.

Before I travel, I google shopping options in each city. Usually travel sites like trip advisor and fodor's have listings by users. That gives you a good idea of where to get good products and what kind of local products are available. You can also find fair priced shops to help figure out the right price. I like to look up speciality food/dining options as well...especially deserts:)

7. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

dear ILites
    Thank you for your sugesstions for my previous post for quey..
    Well we are planning to visit Istambul( may be 3 days), and Antalya(4 days).
    Our plan is for 7 day holiday, and we would like to devide it like 3days in Istambul, and four days at Antalya. Would like to visit the beaches as well.It would be very helpful if you could share your experiece with me .., and feb mid week we have planned .Looking forward to hear from you[​IMG]
    resmij ​

8. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Hi Reshmij

Turkey is the very best places to visit...You can enjoy a lott if u like history..:thumbsup

Last week I had been to turkey with my one and half year old daughter...and it was a 10 days trip...we spent 3 days in Istanbul,2 days in Cappadocia,2 days in Ephesus,3 days in Antalya.All the places were so good to see..Only that weather troubled a bit in Istanbul...It was cold everywhere(Istanbul -1 degree celsius,cappadocia -12,Ephesus -2,Antalya 12...ooopss atleast Antalya was bit only a bit hot :tongue) but we can able to adjust with the cold but when it rains we find it so hard...

If u love to see snow places the best choice would be cappadocia...and not only snow you have so many beautiful places to see over there ..underground city,pigeon valley,Avanos( a pottery making place) and lot more...Turkey is also famous for its Ceramic Pottery's.

And in Istanbul you have Blue Mosque,AyaSopia,Topkapi Palace..And yeah here comes the shopping place...Spice bazaar and Grand bazaar...But my suggestion would be,as you have a plan to go Antalya too...you can buy same souveneirs in Antalya too for a better price..But its upto you...bcoz in Istanbul you can see lot of varities but in Antalya u wont have a much choices...:wink:

I heard from the people over there that the weather will be like this till March..Check the weather too..If its gonna cold,take all you winter clothes,shoes,gloves...Buy a thermal set too esp for your baby...that will keep the child a bit warm inside..

Even we booked through a travel company,they arranged evrything so we were bit relaxed...bcoz only very few are speaking in english,so it was hard to explain them, otherwise we find it soo fun getting along with the places and also with the people...Evryone are so friendly...

And regarding the currency evryhwere they are accepting Euros too but in some places the exchange rate they are taking is different...so i would suggest you to carry TL(turkish Lira) and also Euros..For a small purchases give TL itself...

For the baby...is she/he started eating solid foods???What have u planned for your baby food??

As a total, a perfect place to visit and enjoy..If u wanna know more information...just tell me...i am happy to help you...

Enjoy your trip...

Cheers
    Annam

9. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

In turkey we are planning for 3 days in Istanbul and 4 days in Bodrum (through our club membership resort). Could I get some details of places we could visit, so that we can utilize the vacation to the maximum but less hectic.
    And since we have he club membership, the place in which we would stay , we have the facility to cook food it seems..and this is the first time we are going for the trip,after joining the club membership..
    so we may take some amount of rice and oats( for the child..) ,some cerelac as well.
    , he is not so good at eating.food., but then very good child to take out, he enjoys going out..
    and please tell me how you managed food for your child?
    we wanted to visit Antalya, but club mebership resort has no sopace during our visit, it is full. So Antalya we cancelled.
    Looking forward to hear from you
    Resmij

10. homemaker

homemaker Platinum IL'ite

Hi..

I have already suggested some places in Istanbul...apart from that if you like and if your baby is ok with that means you can go for a Bhosphorous bridge ride...it is for about 2 hours...

Bodrum ...sorry i dont have much idea on that...but think its somewhere near Ephesus....check that,if so you can go there...

Have you arranged for a tour operators ???

For my baby i also carried rice and cerelac...she is also not a good eater..so while visiting the places i managed her with formula milk only...its a best option to carry Automatic Rice cooker with you...

Hope this info helps you...

Cheers
    Annam