1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pleasure

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

Wonderful.The pet sitting with u when u watch the TV, is so true.I have Tuffy,my 4 year old Labrador,and he is a joy.And the aged parents,their loving touch, how right u are dear.

Very touching article.Thanks and regards.kamal

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku kamalji,
    there are many that you should add kamalji, i expect that from other bloggers too, if i have missed out something then that should be filled here, i had 4 poms the male ran away during diwali pataka, very handsome fellow, and i think he knew that too, he used to admire himself in the mirror so much i wonder it is not infection in human but also in animals..betty was the smartest among the lot when tangy the male used to sit on my lap, she will go barking to the gate and as soon as he leaves my lap to see what is it all about, madam would happily jump in and occupy the lap..it has been always amazing to see their intellect...sunkan

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan

Pleasures ! So many ! Little things, big things....Etthanai Kodi inbam vaithaai en Iraiva !
    Such a pleasure to read your listing and getting into chewing-the-cud mode about pleasurable things.
    Top of the list for me is reading. Always. Since childhood. I find illiteracy the biggest curse mainly because people who cannot read are deprived of such a huge slice of the pleasure pie. Pity ! What wonderful worlds books open up ! ....And now, The Net ! Everyday one hour, like a must-have chotapeg !

Remembered Vairamuthu's song from "Indian" : (Pacchai Kiligal Tholodu...)
    Two verses from it i love :
    1. Vaazhvil Noor anandam
    Vaazhvey peraanandam.....

2. Bhoolokam anandatthin ellai
    Intha bhoomikku kanneer sonthamillai..... "

If we learn to live in the moment, fully conscious of whats happening, everything is a pleasure - be it spluttering mustard seeds in oil or listening to the prattle of a little kid or hearing the raindrop dripping from the ledge or savouring the syrup soaked nuts on the sundae or planning for a trip with the family or opening a gift without tearing the wrapper or chatting with a train-friend or drafting a neat letter to the editor or getting rid of a sulk with a final sigh and returning to cheer..........Anything ! Everything !

rgds
    manjula

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

manju,
    unakku neeye nighar, none can beat u once u start off on these lines happy to note u pointed out this point, yes i am not an avid reader i like all live, like cricket, and mind blowing books, my curiosity should trigger just finished lajja to know what it was all abt only to learn the last page dedicated to a muslim prostitue being raped by the hindu hero taking all his anguish on her it is very ugly and dirty, still that may be the mind set of people in bangladesh who have been uplifted from the roots, stripping them of their girl children to the property and land...i would love to read in a hammock with wind blowing away to munching if necessary..like the tom cat in tom and jerry ofcourse i can do without jerry anyday .sunkan