1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

please suggest..whether I can continue with acne treatment or not

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by pritampraj, Apr 18, 2014.

1. pritampraj

pritampraj New IL'ite

Hi..I have been suffering from acne from past 10 years..i have visited many doctors..and used many medicines but nothing helped..my skin is worsening day by day..so now finally I have decided for laser treatment.I have approached the laser clinic..they told me that they will start the laser once my acne come down and they have give isosterin tablets and icetyne HD ointment and a sunscreen lotion..after using isosterin for 1 week..my skin darkened..so I consulted the doctor..They did salicyclic acid peel and they told me to stop isoterein and start using Doxcycline tabs for 2 weeks and apply ictane HD combination with Demelene in the night.my skin worsened now with many pimples .I consulted them again..they told to start with azithral tabs alternate days and epithele and nadibact ointment..please sujjest if I am using right medicines and why skin is not reacting to these medicines..and am totally frustrated with these medicines..The doctor told..that they will do one more peel for reducing my acne..please sujjest..

2. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I can understand ur frustration as I have also been suffering from acne for 10+ years...I have lots of pimples & pimples scars....Where exactly r u undergoing this treatment? Hope this is done by a well qualified & certified dermatologist (And not by a money-minded beauty clinic)...They seem to have experimented with various treatments & making u do chemical peels twice within a short period of time..basically used u as a guinea pig...I do not understand why they changed the medications so often...Seems to be a little excessive.Maybe u can get a second opinion from another dermatologist and then continue with this treatment, especially before u get the laser treatment..

3. pritampraj

pritampraj New IL'ite

Thanks for replying and I have been to doctor for review and they told they will start acetic acid peel which will cost mnearly 5000 and they haven't assured it will come down...they told they will test it on me and moreover I lost all my hopes on them...I will consult with one more dermatologist and I will decide whether I should continue with the medicines or not.

4. isolated

isolated Silver IL'ite

I have been having acne problems too..have you tried turmeric with milk? I heard that turmeric has great anti-acne properties and works immensely in eradicating pimples and scars. You should give it a try!

5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

pritampraj, u mentioned that your doc did a salicylic acid peel...Can u share ur experience of that peel? Like cost of the procedure, % of salicylic acid used, any side effects, effectiveness in reducing pimples and scars etc....Becos I also have pimples and scars ...during my previous visit to the dermatologist she had recommended me to have a 'fruit peel' for acne & scars...I have no idea about this , I'm a little hesitant to undergo this due to sensitive skin...If i get a few inputs from people who have undergone peels, I can decide.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  6. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

unasked for but I cant stop myself from sharing this home remedy especially after seeing the result. Take an old Face wash bottle and fill 1/4 with castor oil and 3/4 with olive oil and use this concoction as a face wash. rub into skin and remove with a washcloth dipped in hot water. All acne will vanish and you will get clear skin in a month.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  7. irasingh

irasingh Junior IL'ite

Hi, I understand your problem very well. I have had acne for a long time. I have consulted many doctors but, the acne would eventually return after some time of medication. Then a friend of mine suggested that I start a CTM routine (Cleansin, toning & moisturising). Trust you me it really worked wonders. I have been using Oriflame's Optimals range of CTM and it's just great. Do give it a try.

8. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Did you check with dermat doc for hormone levels? Androgen hormonesead to increased acne in some women.

I think you should stop all the acne treatment and give some rest to your skin to heal.
    Too many chemical peels and too much antibiotics is not good for skin and overal health.

Start with good Cleansing toning moisturizing routine.

Use cetaphil cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer.
    Use pure rose water as toner...my choice is fabindia rose water.

After applying moisturizer, let it get absorbed. Don't rub vigorously. Lightly massage till absorbed into skin.

Then wait for 5-6mins then use adapelene cream only on acne.
    Use fresh towels daily for face. Dont rub face with towel. Just pat on face.

Mornings when you go out in sun, dont apply any acne treatment. It makes skin sensitive to sun exposure so makes you dark.

Use hat or cover head with shawl or dupatta to avoid sun exposure to skin on face.

Use noncomedogenic, gel or water based sunscreen and hypoallergenic mentioned on label.

Do this for a month religiously and msg me here. I'm sure you'll see the difference which no doctor or beauty clinics did to you.

2 people like this.
  9. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Also check if you have any hormonal issues like pcod which causes hair growth on face and acne.
    Most of acne will be around chin region.

10. pritampraj

pritampraj New IL'ite

Thanks for all of your sujjestions..
    @generic I can't assist u to not to go for peels..it all depends on the skin..after long investigation from google..only I accepted for peel..but the next day only..I got too much of acne....I sujjest u to go for some face wash..instead of peels..I suspect both have same content..