1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

please suggest me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by juhigrace, Sep 19, 2007.

1. juhigrace

juhigrace New IL'ite

Dear friends
    I am 36 yr old housewife.I have two children.I have been married for 16yrs.My problem is that since the last 8 yrs my husband has taken to playing cards on every sunday and holidays.He goes to the house of our previous neighbour and gamble there on all holidays.Both my children are in boarding schools.I have to spend all my holidays alone.I have tried speaking to my husband but he is so addicted that he refuses to listen to me.he does not listen to his children.the people where he gambles are low class people and almost the age of my husbands father.i cannot understand how to tackle this problem.my life is becoming miserable.i try to keep myself occupied but when a person is not happy at heart,it is very difficult to engage in other things.please help me.One more thing I have tried to make his holiday charming by cooking his fav meal and arranging a romantic dinner but nothing can stop himfrom going there.

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

If nothing could stop him from going there, you start going with him. I know it will be hard to digest. But if you start going with him where he goes, he will slowly realize your presence and gradually might acknowledge. It will not take a lots of time since you are married for close to 16 years. One of my friend had a similar problem and she did started going with him and slowly when people started passing comments about her he fought with her to stay at home and she refused to do so unless he stops. So gradually he had to pay heed to her and he stopped going there.

Try it out. But be patient. All the best.

3. sellakili

sellakili Senior IL'ite

Hi...

As rajmi said go along with him... as he is goin to ur previous neighbour u may know ppl around that house... If he asks y you too come with me.. tell him that i cannot stay all alone in house... and i too know the neighbours here i ll talk with them as like u play... he cannot tolerate that ... be adamant in ur point! he will surely stop! As u tried all smooth ways.. this option would be the best!

All the best! :2thumbsup:

:yes: may god help u!

Regards
    ChElLa