Please pray for my Father

Discussion in 'Pray for me' started by priya78, Jan 9, 2012.

1. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ladies I am posting this for my Father.He is 65 years old.He has lot of health problems.Even after taking sleeping pills he is not sleeping at night.He is having severe indigestion problem he is not feeling hungry at all so he is not able to eat has constant stomach pain and due to malnutrition he is very very weak not even able to stand for 10mins at a strech. We took him to nearly dozen doctors by no answer.Hence request you all to pray for him.
    Are there any slokhs or vratham for getting sound sleep and stomach problem it is really very very painful to see my loving father suffer like this .Is there any remedy please throw some light

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

It is quite strange that doctors can not help at all about the constant stomach pain. What kind of tests has he had? What do the doctors say? Why can't he sleep at night? Is it because of pain? If he is so weak that he cannot even stand then probably he need to be fed intravenously. Has it been done?
    May be take him to a naturopath.

3. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Thanx Monita.There is habit for my father if there any in pain in hisbody (when he was in 30-40s) he will take painkillers immediately and he skip meals due to work.All these had reactions in his stomach. After taking so much painkillers the stomach walls has become very sensitive other than this he has mild stomach ulcer.Doctor suggested for operation but due to his age and body condition its risky.Other than this he has High BP , sugar , muscle sprain in his chest region(this happened due to small accident 15 years ago sometimes it comes and goes in a week) we did all kind of test like treadmill , eco the list goes on but nothing unuaual .Due to family worries and personal reason he lost his sleep for almost 15 years now he is taking sleeping pills .But nowadays even after taking pills he is not sleeping.Couple of doctors told that he is not having any major issue he is only having anxity problem.Dontknow what to do.

4. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Your father needs serious lifestyle changes. First thing he must stop taking sleeping pills. He is quite weak. Was he given anything intravenously? I will strongly suggest to take him to naturopath. He might be having intestinal fungus(known as candida, you can google this) which grows when there is no good bacteria in the intestines. When people take too many antibiotics, the bacteria is killed along with bad bacteria and results in the fungus growing in intestines. The symptoms are usually unnoticeable apart from the fact that the nutrients are not absorbed properly from food and the person becomes weak. They might prescribe some medicine and a very restricted diet. Once he gets better, he should take regular exercise and meditation which will help him to sleep better. Hope it helps.
    P.s.- There are some diseases that are not classified as diseases by medical association.(strange I know) No doctors would treat these.

3 people like this.
  5. gurusbharathi

gurusbharathi Senior IL'ite

6. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

My prayers sent your way....God Bless!

7. priya78

priya78 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much Monita , Gurusbharathi , Wannabmommy.From yday his stomach pain has reduced but still he is suffering from insomnia

8. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

My prayers are with him and god bless him with good health for sure. Be positive and think positive for him. Try playing some devotional music while sleeping or some kind of slow classical music. Other then that ask him to meditate if he does not do sit with him and meditate. try all these. he will get well soon dont worry dear.

1 person likes this.
  9. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Priya,

You mentioned that your father does not feel hungry and hence does not take food. Wanted to know since when did he have diabetes and also whether he was managing his sugar levels well. Have you gone for a HBA1c test ? Sometimes, in cases of chronic diabetes, the vagus nerve gets damaged. This nerve controls the opening from the stomach to the small instestine and allows the semi digested food to go from the stomach to the intestine at regular intervals. When this nerve gets damaged due to uncontrolled sugar levels, the food does not move out and starts to ferment in the stomach only. It also encourages growth of bacteria. The patient experiences fullness and is unable to have food. If he is force fed then it leads to vomitting. The patient also experiences acidity and discomfort due to which he is unable to sleep at night. Since the body stops producing insulin and is unable to utilize the blood sugars, it starts to break down the body fat for energy requirements. The patient loses weight fast and begins to grow weak.

Would advise you to take him to a endocronologist. Also check his thyroid and sodium levels.

Please dont worry - we will definitely keep him in our prayers.

love,
    Kylie

4 people like this.
  10. CHABOLU

CHABOLU Platinum IL'ite

Dear Priya,
    We cann't see our near and dear ones suffer like this. I pray to God to give him strength and cure him of the illness.