1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Boost Immunity For A 6-7yr Old Kid?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by happygirl, Oct 18, 2023.

1. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Please bear with my long post

I came here to get some advices and solutions regarding my girl child health.

My child is 6 years old (will be 7 by next February). Until last year 2022 she was a healthy child but some issues here and there. As she is smaller I thought she will be OK as age goes by.

But this year from April or May i don't remember she is frequently falling ill with fever and very bad cough, atleast once a month we r visiting doctor for health to be cured. She is a picky eater with vegetables but she loves fruits she eats most type of fruits.

So the doctor suggested us to go for flu vaccine for my child(we live abroad), he was saying there are no other health issues may be her immunity is low better to go for flu vaccine as it protects without getting symptoms worse.

So my question is does anybody children had taken flu vaccine does it really protects her. How to improve her immune system naturally.

And one more thing my kid loves to dress up with traditional clothes with jewellery and she loves makeup(not on daily basis) buy for special occasions I observed when she dresses up elegantly the next day she falls ill. She looks like aa barbie. I'm thinking of naradristi.

Any remedies for naradristiwhile she goes out, and one more thing whenever i uplooad her single photos on WhatsApp status immediately she falls sick with fever or something(please don'tjudge me on this its my motherly instinct). This stressing me so much that I completely stopped sharing our family pics on social media.

From next year January she will be going to primary I'm more worried they won't allow her into school if she frequently falls sick.

So ladies here any suggestions on improving her immunity and flu vaccine advantages and also please give me some suggestions regarding naradristi also.

Sorry for the long post. Pardon me

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

We get the flu shot every year for all of us, parents and kid. The flu vaccine is seldom perfect, as they use the previous years strains to make this years vaccine. It might not prevent you from getting flu but it may keep the symptoms mild.
    Make sure your daughter is taking a good multivitamin. Picky eating is not uncommon at this age. Hopefully she’ll grow out of it.

happygirl likes this.
  3. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi may know what u r referring to as multi vitamin is it through food or supplements u r telling can u please clarify this.

Thank you

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Supplement.

happygirl likes this.
  5. kavikuyil

kavikuyil Bronze IL'ite

I would say don’t upload pictures on WhatsApp for many other reasons than just dhristi.

If you want to do dhristi removal, I remember my grandmother doing it with salt for us when we were kids .. you could do it for your peace of mind .. in addition, I would also work on other measure to boost immunity.

give her some good vitamin D drop (genestra d-Mulsion 1000) 2 drops a day in lemon flavour was recommended by my naturopath and it helped us boost our immunity. Also increase her vitamin C with oranges, lemon juice and Amla etc .. genestra also has a multivitamin chewable tablet for kids (look up genestra chewable multivitamin kids) ..

You can give some good organic chayavanprash as well. I believe organic India brand is good.

Local honey also boosts immunity.

Check her diet - to see how much junk she eats .. say sugary cereal, snacks etc can be reduced (or cut down if possible) .. if you give her juices, switch to the ones that explicitly say - no added sugar.

happygirl likes this.
  6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

it is common to kids at that age to fall sick frequently. it reduces after age 10. do not worry. also which months she is falling sick more. April may / Sept oct Nov. may be that could be pollen allergies. my son had when he was at that age.

drishti. not sure . but do what your parents or hubby side do. avoid too much in social media about kid.

happygirl likes this.
  7. happygirl

happygirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear ilites,

Thank u so much for taking out your time and replying me, sorry for the late reply ur inputs giving me hope and I will concentrate more on developing her immunity. Thank you