1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Don't!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Madan grew up in an orphanage that was primarily funded by a Balaji temple nearby. He was so much devoted to God right from childhood and Lord Balaji was his favourite. In pain or gain, he never failed to utter His name. He considered the Lord as his parent, friend, big brother etc.

He always volunteered first for any activity related to the temple. After completing his degree, he found a job for himself, but never failed to visit the temple once a day. Soon, he fell in love with Sumathi, one of his colleagues at work. The first one to whom he shared the news was Lord Balaji himself. He prayed sincerely for his love to suceed to him. Lord Balaji remained just as he always is, with that smile.

Sumathi loved him for his innocence, but their love did not materialize. Sumathi's parents did not accept it and arranged for her marriage. Sumathi was shattered, but could not do anything about it. Once again, the first person to hear the tearful news from Madan's end was the Lord himself.

"Why is this happening to me? I have put so much faith in you, but how could you fail me?" - he was asking all such questions to Lord Balaji, who remained smiling as usual. Madan finally made up his mind and went to the marriage. Sumathi was being married to one of her richer relatives. Surely, the flower decoration itself was more than a year's salary of Madan. And one of the best decorated item was a portrait of Lord Balaji with Goddess Padmavathi, fully made with various flowers. It looked so realistic, and the most appealing to him, were the Lord's eyes.

"My Lord! Balaji! You have also come here to see my agony. Aren't you?" Madan was saying bitterly to himself. Just after the knot was tied and the marriage was over, he just turned and saw the Lord. The flowery arrangement that constituted the Lord's lower eyelids was missing.

Madan quickly ran out of the hall and rushed to the temple. He cried bitterly infront of the Lord and said, "I understand dear! She was not meant for me. But why did you cry?"

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

wow lovely,painful and a realistic end. GOD knows who is the better life partner for Madan. GOD showed his love towards his devotee in a meaningful and fully acknowledged his devotee love. I am searching for the words to appreciate you .:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks so much for your quick and touching feedback Sreema. -rgs

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

The story was so nice and its true as said by Sreema that god knows who is the better life partner for Madhan...and he also showed his love for his devotee...

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your appreciation Uma. -rgs

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good twist in the end.I was thinking that they would get togethr..All ur stories are so good.All the best!

7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi RGS, Story is too good. Ending fof the story is so different.

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

a beautiful story. I cried along with the Lord when I read the final sentence. How I wish we all have that wisdom!
    well done rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot for your appreciation Nihasvin. Glad to receive a first feedback from you. -rgs

10. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Deepu, for your appreciation. -rgs