1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Don't Laugh!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I

I am quite cynical when it comes to movie related controversies,including court cases that they offend a particular section of society. Most of them are either publicity stunts or attempt to blackmail the producer into arting with a pretty packet so that the protests and court cases don't delay thee release of the film.But as far as AIB roast is concerned if it had been that carefully scripted, they would have skipped two tasteless jokes about gay priests and Jesus Christ.

2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 100%"]There are many more instances both instigating and restricting our laughter.Now a days there are competitions to win as to who does not laugh at all even provoked to the maximum.

When kauravas visited the new palace at Indraprastham, the floors were deceptive. Duryodhana fell down in a place full of water,thinking to be ordinary floor and treaded carefully in a dry but glossy place.This provoked Draupathi into uncontrollable laughter.-the main reason behind Kurukshetra war.

This is from an Article, which states, it is an actual trial in the UK.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

A young woman who was several months pregnant was sitting in a bus. When she noticed a young man smiling at her, she began feeling humiliated onaccount of her condition. She changed her seat and he seemed more amused.She moved again and then on seeing him laughing more, she filed a court case on him.

In the court the man's defense was: When the lady boarded the bus I couldn't help noticing she was pregnant.

She sat under an advertisement, which read 'Coming Soon - The unknown boon'...

I was even more amused when she then sat under a shaving cream advertisement, which read:'William's stick did the trick’.

Then I could not control myself any longer, when on the third move she sat under an advertisement, which read:'Dunlop Rubber would have prevented this accident'...

The case was dismissed. The judge fell off his chair laughing..!

Though awkward, such things come to trial.

Jayasala 42

3 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Balajee, the sad part is that we Indians enjoy jokes made at others' expense. Someone slips and falls, it is cause for laughter. Slapstick comedy is cause for laughter, but laughing at oneself ..... well, well, well.

While I am not carrying any flag for AIB, this kind of situation where the freedom of expression is so heavily curtailed these days is quite disturbing. The maturity to ignore or to agree to disagree seems to be sorely lacking. Give a 'like' on FB, you could well land up in jail. Say something someone does not find funny, you may end up in court. Do some real crime, you might just escape punishment if you are lucky enough.

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Laughter may be the best medicine but it is better to watch out now and then at whom you are laughing as the instance of Mahabharata proves. William's stick did the trick eh. hope the moderators don't frown on that line.

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Stchi true. Our freedom of expression is increasingly getting curtailed not by state but by the fact that we are increasingly getting thin skinned.For everything there is a protest at the drop of a hat and a joke could be life threatening for the person who cracks it. It is an extremely disturbing situation. i

1 person likes this.
  6. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Good evening Balajee Sir,
    After reading about the controversy surrounding the AIB show, i think twice before saying I liked something(in public) and laughter like u said is dangerous. It is very sad to see that people cannot enjoy a joke, ok so, it was too risque and not to your taste then don't watch it. Why can't everyone apply their own censor and why do we need somebody saying this should be enjoyed and this should not be.
    Even the new 28 words censor list, introduced by Mr Nihlani is not in the right spirit. Like the Broadcasting minister said, when T.V shows can be aired without prior censorship why can't films be.
    Apart from the serious issue raised by you, your post and Jaya mam's FB was very hilarious.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Madhuprabha I suspect there is a category of people who watch shows they hate because they want to let their moral outrage flow over, so that they can . take a moral high ground and flaunt a holier-than-thou attitude.But there are also people with genuinely thin skins who are hurt easily by even an innocuous joke. Both these tribes are increasing. So it would be wise to watch out what you are saying and where.

1 person likes this.
  8. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

10. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite