1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Advice Should I Continue This Pregnancy Where Our Relationship Sinking

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rose03, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for the suggestions.. for all those who are against me taking the decision of terminating asking me to live with this person. please think yourself in my shoes ,
    I always wanted to marry an educated person or any girl expects ( i also asked the same question to him and his family too , they have girls in their home ( all10th or 12th std, their husband is B.com , why did not they give girl to 10th std guy )
    if the girl is been raped, do you think does she have to continue her pregnancy ?
    my mistake is having unprotected sex..

And also Indian society thinks, if they have boy they can do anything and so society..

Thank you all again ..

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hope you have the courage to do what you think is best for you and your child. Dont let the society dictate what you should do.

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rose,
    <<Hugs>>
    Why are you taking all this when you have strength to stand up against this. What is stopping you from walking out of the marriage? Whether you get remarried or not is another question? But you deserve a better partner than the one who snoops on your phone. You have lot of sorting up to do. Once you decide what to do, get courage to follow it. Unless you decide to change your life, noboby else will do for you.

Regarding this pregnancy: It may be a sin to abort but it's a bigger sin to bring a baby to earth when both the parents are not ready and responsible.

sindmani and BhumiBabe like this.
  4. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Dear op
    Please forgive me for being straightforward. I might come across as a rude person to you but my intention is to provide you another perspective. I don't want to accuse you either.
    But just think about it. You want to kill your unborn child because that's easier , isn't it?
    Why didn't you take the harder step that is walking out of this marriage when you could have done so. Killing a foetus seems easier here. But will it fix your issue?
    Think about it. Think about solving this issue first. And if you abort the baby and still stayed in this marriage then in my opinion the abortion is not needed.
    At least kids will have both parents and each other.
    But if you are serious about leaving this marriage then I guess your options are limited. So please think through. Somebody's life is at stake here.

nakshatra1, Desiindian and sbonigala like this.
  5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

If you are ready to kill the baby boy not move out of the marriage then you should probably think again.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  6. Rose03

Rose03 Senior IL'ite

Thanks again..
    even if i make an effort to bring the baby out, he is very opportunist and play with people weekness. since he now knows I cant leave him having 2 kids , he will torture me . honestly during my first pregnancy he hardly accompanied me for medical checkup . but he takes good care of my daughter. he is very smart in pushing the responsibilities towards me and he enjoying the outcomes of the efforts that I put. its in everything .. being in foreign land searching a home , negotiation untill daughters education and teaching her. everything in total.. Ok you be like this , however dont spy on me and the guests who come home for visiting ( especially my family) . after i gotta know i am pregnant , when i disclosed with him , he told as usual i am traveling and u know my salary ( false accounts) and dont tell me that u r stressed.. how would a girl feel.. on top of it since he is under educated and he knows that i am talented and says for your talent u should not be here , you should be somewhere work hard dont be lazy.. if i ask him what will u do , i am doing what i love .. he says Ok you go to other country since we have no future here and i will follow you... i am not sure if hes able to crack the IELTS which is required for migration to other countries now.. I feel how mean my life is , once upon a time I was the happiest and felt rich among friends and family ..
    today if i buy one top , he will compete with me to buy for himself..
    really have to share this , how their family and he is, for every thing before marriage they were saying , we have only son we want marriage like this , cloths be like this.. they were so cheap to buy saree for me .. we did not that they were cheating .. and also he had a gold chain and after marriage that was also not there.. he was like that.. over night he started expecting a lot from me and my family.. if i buy any gold ornament , he wants too .. i asked him and his family too, did he used to ask you all whenever you buy .. is it because since he is not educated and behaving like this

I am not a girl who listen/watch to all his **** , i gave a back to all of their family member and him . they know my mom is single parent she cant talk . i am staying with him because of my mom ..and when i try saying " this is not way , should be responsible " I am like this if u want stay or get lost"

7. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

You are confused about your problem. The cause of your trouble is your husband and your inaction towards separating from him. Like others said, if you terminate the pregnancy and stay on married your problems will not be solved.

No one can force you to have a baby especially since you will end up raising him/her single handedly. So I don't get why you can't leave your husband anyway.

Also, please don't equate a child from a rape and a 31 year old having unprotected sex unless you were raped by your husband.

Going back and talking n times about how you were cheated into this marriage doesn't fix your life. You are a smart independent woman. You know what you need to do. You just need to find the strength to do it.

8. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

After killing the baby and migrating to another country- are you going to divorce him?
    I think you will still be in this marriage.

If you wanted to really move out, you would have done that.

Even if you replay the past episodes a thousand times, nothing will change until you do something to change the situation.
    If you are assuming that killing the baby will solve your problem, it won't.
    It will only drain you emotionally - stuck in a non functional marriage for mum, killing a life, replaying past on repeat mode in your mind - it will spoil your physical health and mental health.

You have an answer for every suggestion that members are giving. Take advise from people if you really want help. Else just admit that it's a vent and not actually to seek any suggestions and that you don't have any intention to leave this marriage.
    Whether you still being in the marriage is secondary, at least it will give us clarity on what is it you really want because each of us here is genuinely trying to help you and spending time out of our schedules and family times. Just like you, most of are mums(working at home/workplace).

If you want some change- do something about it rather than sympathizing with yourself so many times.

Read our forums and get an idea on how people overcome their problems and raised their kids and made a beautiful future for themselves and their kids.

Life is not easy my dear - It is challenging at every level. Each of us is fighting a battle.
    Just because we don't write here doesn't mean we have no problems.
    We learnt to do something about our issues rather than just vent.
    Your education should give you courage and strength to raise your kid's not kill them because of a nasty human.

If I sit at home thinking of past and pitying myself for my losses, I am not just losing my present but to some extent, my future too.

I know a few women here in IL who came a long way. They had been through nasty marriage, divorce, job issues and kids health, parents death(everything in quick succession) and finally decided to take control of life.

Don't let self pity stop you from doing the right thing for your future and for your children's future.

Desiindian likes this.
  9. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

He takes good care of your daughter. he is a good father. every child deserve a loving parent, if you both are not ready to welcome another child, then you both should decide rather than asking opinion from us.
    Did you discuss your thoughts about second child with your husband?

sbonigala likes this.
  10. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

are you living with your parent. may be that is why he is taking backseat in helping you. may be he is convinced that someone closer to you is always with you to help you, let me focus on my work. some men are like this.