Playschools/Creche/Day Care Centers in Velachery

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sudhasarav, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Play School In Velachery

HI jai,

I have not heard of akshaya matric.

There are few play schools

DHAYA PLAYSCHOOL & CRECHE 4, Engineers Avenue, Tansi Nagar 28th Street, Velachery. Ph: 2243 0501.

LITTLE BIRD PLAYSCHOOL & DAY CARE CRECHE 11, 3rd Cross Street, Dhandeeswaram Nagar, Velachery.
    Ph: 5610 3967, Cell: 94441 63188.

MOTHER MEERA PLAYSCHOOL AND CRECHE 5, 6th Main Road, Vijayanagar, Velachery. Ph: 2244 4701.

KIDS NEST CHILD CARE 5, 4th Cross Street, Dhandeeswaram Nagar, Velachery. Cell: 98841 99699.

Hope it helps.....

2. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Most of the older children in my neighbourhood goto Akshaya..however it is a regular school, not really a playschool.
    You can try Pearls nursery school or Kanchana Pati's. Kanchana Pati has opened a new center at velachery near the tcs office..have been trying to see place, but not had the time..plannign to send my almost 2 year old there...if you or anyone else sees the place, pls do post your feedback.

Thanks!

3. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Cost of Day Care - Velachery chennai

Hi ladies,

I stay in velachery and would like to know the average cost of day care centres in this area. And whats the ratio of caretakers to children?

I have a 20 months old son for whom I am looking for a day care.

Thanks,
    Seetha

4. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Re: Cost of Day Care - Velachery chennai

cost depends on the quality...i went to a home based day care in velachery..they said 2500 ..we need to provide food, they employ housemaids to look after the kids.... i was not looking for that kind of care.... now i send my kid to a place where they employ nursery trained teachers to look after even the babies.. these teachers do everything for the kids, even change their nappies! food is provided by them also...and the fees is 8500 Rs!! I just mentioned this to explain that the fess wil vary depending on what you are looking for in a day care// this place is in adyar though...

Kanchana paati's have opened a new center in velachery , I am yet to visit there...if someone has inputs, pls post...i think pearls nursery school in velachery also charge around 2.5K...they have a 2 yr limit i think

5. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

went to Kanchana paatti...they cost 4.5K food included... i compared it with my kids current daycare and decided not to shift her even though the distance is more...

6. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

I visited Kanchana Paati and it was not really upto my expectaion..maybe because they have just started up...
    i heard about Srujana montessori and navadisha school from neighbours...seem to be good schools.
    Do post once you decide on your school..

7. geethanand

geethanand New IL'ite

Hi,

We are also currently looking for after school day care for our kids both 5 yr old. Can you please let us know where in adyar the day care you refer to is and if they accept kids of 5yr old. Also please let us know where is kanchana patti in velachery, and why you preferred the adyar day care over this.

This will help us in finalised a good quality place for our kids after school.

Thanks.

8. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

Hi,

Not sure if they have after shcool day care...they have pre school programs (full day and half day) for kids upto 5 years...pls checkwith them..contact numbers can be found at Parent Choice (Pre School, Child Care, Play School, Day Care, Pre School Chennai, Play School Chennai, Day Care Chennai, Child Care Chennai, Play School India, Day Care India, Pre School India, Child Care India) - India Yellow Pages Net

Why i like them compared to other places i have visited...
    1. no nannies to take care of the children..all teachers are basically nursery trained and provided additional trng matching with the preschool curriculum..they themselves change these kids diapers, wash their hands before and after food, feed them etc. All the other places, nannies do this.
    2. excellent teacher student ratio..somedays i feel there are more teachers than students!! all are loving to the kids, polite to the parents.
    3. very professionaly manged place..the first time i visited them, they had clear answers to all my questions.
    4. well defined activities even for the youngest babies.my kid grew comfportable with their routine about 2 weeks after she joined.
    5. classes are clearly separated based on age...no worry of older kids accidently hurting the younger ones during play.
    6. food seems to be great, kids love it..
    7.of course clean, hygenic, good sick child policy.

i found most of these things wanting at other place...other centers are clean, hygenic but no well defined activities for the kids below 2.5 yrs..

this is my 2 cents,,,not meant to harm anybody's sentiments!..each parent will have their own ideas abt child care...good luck with your search...when you find a good after school care, pls post it here...i will need it in a year's time!

9. geethanand

geethanand New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed info. Will check on them to see if they take kids after school. Also can you please let us know the location of kanchana patti in velachery & bit on their facilities.

Thanks.

10. minnu2006

minnu2006 New IL'ite

sorry for late reply
    kanachana patti is next to tcs office velachery.
    are u looking fro after school? their after school was a bunch of charis and tables arranged in the car porch of the bungalow !!
    but check it out now, i went when they had just started.